LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:37 am

Post subject: Jazz neck w/ Maple board
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm 

Hey guys,

Looking for a good quality Jazz bass neck with a maple fretboard. Picked up an American Pro body a couple weeks back and I'm planning a full repaint and build.

Don't care if it's a Squire VM/CV, MIJ, or All-parts neck. Just needs to be a maple board of some time, gloss being ideal.

Post subject: Re: Jazz neck w/ Maple board
PostPosted: March 25th, 2020, 4:20 am 

2010 I built a Frankenbass, if your interested I would sell you the neck really cheap but not sure if that is what you are looking for.

The neck is from Warmoth, it has a Fender Logo, Maple with White Block Inlays and Binding. However they applied a vintage tint and as you can see from the pictures it's a very dark color. So dark the White Inlays almost appear Golden.

You can PM me here or email at bobjones6591@gmail

I would sell you the neck wih all the tuners for $150 plus shipping. If needed email me and I can send you more detailed pics.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2020, 6:24 am 

bigevilrobot wrote:
Hey guys,

Looking for a good quality Jazz bass neck with a maple fretboard. Picked up an American Pro body a couple weeks back and I'm planning a full repaint and build.

Don't care if it's a Squire VM/CV, MIJ, or All-parts neck. Just needs to be a maple board of some time, gloss being ideal.

There are a few on ebay from various unknown Chinese dealers, and lord knows it's probably the worst time to be ordering anything out of China, but I've been curious about these for a while and for the price I might be willing to take the plunge:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-hand-4-st ... SwWkFeeyk7

PostPosted: March 25th, 2020, 7:12 am 

pjmuck wrote:
bigevilrobot wrote:
Hey guys,

There are a few on ebay from various unknown Chinese dealers, and lord knows it's probably the worst time to be ordering anything out of China, but I've been curious about these for a while and for the price I might be willing to take the plunge:

I took the plunge on one of these already. The seller was actually very good, the neck itself was really well made for the price. Unfortunately it would only fit on a made in China type body, and was a poor match for any body that was USA or Mexican made. It seems like even though they list the measurements in imperial in the listing, they are definitely using metric templates to CNC, so everything is just slightly out by 1cm.
However, everything else about the neck I got was very good. The inlays were done well and even the right shape and spacing. The frets did require some work, but that's typical of most china necks. The neck shape is a bit on the chunky side, it is a 1.5" width but the radius of the back is a very deep C profile.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2020, 1:40 pm 

bigevilrobot wrote:
pjmuck wrote:
bigevilrobot wrote:
Hey guys,

I took the plunge on one of these already. The seller was actually very good, the neck itself was really well made for the price. Unfortunately it would only fit on a made in China type body, and was a poor match for any body that was USA or Mexican made. It seems like even though they list the measurements in imperial in the listing, they are definitely using metric templates to CNC, so everything is just slightly out by 1cm.
However, everything else about the neck I got was very good. The inlays were done well and even the right shape and spacing. The frets did require some work, but that's typical of most china necks. The neck shape is a bit on the chunky side, it is a 1.5" width but the radius of the back is a very deep C profile.

Good to know, thanks! I took the plunge on a '52RI style Telecaster guitar neck a couple of years ago and it fit perfectly on a project guitar I was building, but that body was also a MIC Tele body.