LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently January 17th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Post subject: NAMM 2018 Anaheim
PostPosted: January 4th, 2018, 5:47 pm 

Is anyone else going? I just finished my registration. This will be my first time attending the show. I am super excited!!

Anyone have the scoop on cool new things I need to scope out? What's the must see stuff?!

Post subject: Re: NAMM 2018 Anaheim
PostPosted: January 4th, 2018, 8:19 pm 

Went three times so far, although it's been far too long since I last attended... you'll enjoy the hell out of the experience, and be overwhelmed by sensory overload... in other words - you'll have a blast! Report in, take pictures, and let us know about anything cool that strikes your fancy! :D

PostPosted: January 7th, 2018, 7:40 am 

Lefty Dingwalls! They're bringing their first ever fanned-fret lefty, a NG-2 5-string.

My personal Facebook-profile

PostPosted: January 7th, 2018, 10:09 pm 

I'll be there. I attend every year. We should arrange a meet up somewhere although times are pretty tough. The show is nuts.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2018, 11:59 am 

Jeroen wrote:
Lefty Dingwalls! They're bringing their first ever fanned-fret lefty, a NG-2 5-string.

Now that's the scoop! Giving one of those a test ride is gonna be mandatory for me.

Awesome Gravesbass, hope we can connect! Yeah I've been poring over the schedule and even if I managed to be there all day every day there's no way to see everything.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2018, 1:41 pm 

Moses wrote:
Jeroen wrote:

Now that's the scoop! Giving one of those a test ride is gonna be mandatory for me.

Awesome Gravesbass, hope we can connect! Yeah I've been poring over the schedule and even if I managed to be there all day every day there's no way to see everything.

I'll be there also and it looks like my first stop will be the Dingwall booth!!!
Some things to note for 1st timers ...
1) wear comfy shoes, you'll be on your feet and walking about all day, and likely partying most evenings. Not many places to sit and rest either. Bring mucho ibuprophen.
2) do yourself a favor and carry a couple each of Band-aid brand toe and heel blister bandages. You may laugh about that until you need them and have to walk from the convention center to the Walgreen's a 1/2 mile from the hall.
3) stay hydrated, bring along fluids and snacks. You can bring in just about whatever you want except musical instruments/gear, pro movie cameras and strollers.
4) you'll stand in line forever for food and refreshments and pay exorbitant prices for both. See #3 above.
5) download the NAMM app to your phone and plan an itinerary of the vendors and events you want to check out. The NAMM webpage has a great interactive map so you can find out who is where. Always best to start at one end of the convention and work your way across.
6) lastly, but maybe most importantly, do not be disappointed in the lack of left-handed anything!!! Taylor, Fender, Carvin (Kiesel), Sandberg are usually your best bets. Otherwise it's hit and miss.
P.S. try to get in as early in the day as you can. It's always unbelievably crowded after 12 noon.
P.P.S. bring earplugs!!!

PostPosted: January 8th, 2018, 3:45 pm 

Good tips!
I will be there this year too so if you guys have time and wanna hang out would be great!