LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:45 pm

Post subject: Ampeg gear (local to Victoria, BC, Canada prefered).
PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 3:41 pm 

Hi LBists, I don't play out anymore and so no longer require my gig rig. I have a 1988 Ampeg SVT II (non-pro), 2000 Ampeg 215E classic cabinet and 2004 Ampeg SVT-DI. All three of these pieces are rare and amazing.

The II (non-pro) as it is known is the first head made by Ampeg after the limited run of 500 skunk works heads when SLM bought the company and moved it back to the US from Japan. The skunk works heads are 300 watt 2 channel heads that have the same preamp as the original 1970s SVTs, except they use common tubes like the 12ax7 instead of oddball ones like the 12dw7. The II non-pro (so called so as to not confuse people with a pre-amp, by calling it a II pre-pro as an example) It is a 4U rack mountable 1 channel head and has been owned and used by notable musicians such as timmyc from ratm and geezer from sabbath. Why pay $7000 CAD for Geezers amp on reverb when you can own this one? 300 all tube watts into either 4 or 2 Ohms, original preamp design unlike the SVT 2 PRO and SVT-CL heads that came along afterwards. 6 band EQ, 2 inputs, ultra hi and ultra low. Fresh red and white (cuz we Canadian eh?) J/J KT88 power tubes, and a nice selection of 12AU7 and 12AX7 pre tubes that were hand picked for their tone. Hands down the most 3-dimensional sounding head I have ever heard. I just had my amp tech go through it and replace resistors and capacitors. It is perfect! And ready to rock for easily another 30 years. $1600 CAD.

The cab, almost as big as but 50 lbs lighter than an 810. Made in St. Louis Mo, USA in 2000, before they switched to particle board. Only made for a couple of years and compared directly by me against an 810. The 215's mids are sweeter sounding, the highs are nicely rolled off and the bass is unreal! With the 810 you hear overtones, with the 215 you hear fundamentals an octave lower than the notes reproduced by the 810. These are OEM Eminence drivers that are the best drivers I have heard in a box perfectly tuned for them. $800 CAD.

Finally, I have a 2004 Ampeg SVT-DI with original preamp tube, great DI that is an awesome addition to FOH in live applications and in the studio. I don't know else to say about this DI, except that it has been rock-solid for me. $600 CAD.

I am not really looking for trades, but if you have an Ampeg SVT III (non-pro) or an Ampeg SVT-llp preamp, a Verellen meatsmoke (head or pre), Ampeg V4 or V4B or VT22 with distortion or VT40 or V2 head, Fender 100T or a Tech 21 Geddy Lee preamp (GED-2112) plus cash on your end as needed I may be interested. I want to sell this as a package, and am not really looking to ship but will on your dime I suppose. The head is heavy and not cheap to ship, the cab is too big to make it practical to do so. The DI is doable, if I split it up. I have pictures, but still have no idea how to upload on this site. Thanks for looking. :) Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Ampeg gear (local to Victoria, BC, Canada prefered).
PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 6:03 am 

Bump

Post subject: Re: Ampeg gear (local to Victoria, BC, Canada prefered).
PostPosted: June 30th, 2017, 8:37 pm 

up!