LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:54 am

Post subject: Re: Left Handed Epiphone Thunderbird
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:45 am 

Isn't "Epiphone Thunderbird" French for turd bird ??? I wouldn't play it if it was free. I'm from Philly and I just like all the hostility. I can smell the love. Makes me feel like I'm home for the hollidays. That t-bird would be great to start a nice fire. I think $1.70 is a very fair price i don't understand why you guys are all upset. :P

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 7:44 am 
Site Admin

PIPPS wrote:
furthurmore , i'm a P bass guy !! !! !! right andrew !!!

Yessir!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 10:11 am 

When you've got Philly and New Yorker folks on a forum, there's bound to be some tension, LOL. That's okay, you got your World Series ring, Joe. Now step aside and watch the Giants take the Super Bowl...again! :twisted:

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:05 pm 

I second that!!! This site is probably the coolest... Let's keep it that way.

Andrew did a lot of work on this and it deserved the most respect.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:32 pm 

For all that think i have the quintesential new york attitude ,YES you are correct , for all that think the epiphone thunderbird bass is a piece of crap , YES you are correct , for all whom think that it will never sell for big bucks ,sorry , you are incorrect !! i will end this drama now , because i see where this is going , , people will judge me and my statements by my grammer punctuation and all , ,and that was NOT what it is all about, that is not what this board is all about ,and furturmore , one of this illustrious board members personally emailed me today ,and has bought the bass , at a price that will amaze all of you !! so ,so much for all this banter and bla bla bla , , deal made sale done money in the bank ,for the cheapo epiphone turd bird, and the guy with bad grammer wrong prices and a new york attitude !! actually all of "your" posts and banter HELPED me sell it even faster , and for more money than i even wanted for it ! so ,i guess there's some sort of a lesson here , right ?? thanks guys , inadvertintley , you really helped me out !! !! and if there are any seller fees or contributions i can make, from my windfall ,please let me know, i will do it in a new york minute !!!! pipps

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

gravesbass wrote:
I second that!!! This site is probably the coolest... Let's keep it that way.

Andrew did a lot of work on this and it deserved the most respect.

Thanks, and thanks! Though I'm only one of a handful of guys who did anything here, there's other peeps on the board who deserve more credit than me for making this board cool.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

PIPPS wrote:
For all that think i have the quintesential new york attitude ,YES you are correct , for all that think the epiphone thunderbird bass is a piece of crap , YES you are correct , for all whom think that it will never sell for big bucks ,sorry , you are incorrect !! i will end this drama now , because i see where this is going , , people will judge me and my statements by my grammer punctuation and all , ,and that was NOT what it is all about, that is not what this board is all about ,and furturmore , one of this illustrious board members personally emailed me today ,and has bought the bass , at a price that will amaze all of you !! so ,so much for all this banter and bla bla bla , , deal made sale done money in the bank ,for the cheapo epiphone turd bird, and the guy with bad grammer wrong prices and a new york attitude !! actually all of "your" posts and banter HELPED me sell it even faster , and for more money than i even wanted for it ! so ,i guess there's some sort of a lesson here , right ?? thanks guys , inadvertintley , you really helped me out !! !! and if there are any seller fees or contributions i can make, from my windfall ,please let me know, i will do it in a new york minute !!!! pipps

Relax Frankie, it's all good, no one's judging you. Glad a deal could be struck and if it was with another member here all the better, that's one more lefty getting himself a bass he'll enjoy.

Yes, there are fees for selling here. They are: you have to treat me to a pizza when I'm in NYC. :P

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 6:44 pm 

andrew ,we have been conversing, emails and such ,for , well ,i would think well over 7-8 years now ,way back when we were the few lefties on that other board !! and when you come to new york baby, you look me up ,and THE RED CARPET will be rolled out for you my freind !!! you have once again, as always , shown the gentleman and all around great guy you are !! !! !!

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 11:54 pm 

So lets have an actual asking price and some pics for this Epiphone. I have always wanted one and the $299 price of ra new righty is a great deal.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 12:43 am 

crabby wrote:
So lets have an actual asking price and some pics for this Epiphone. I have always wanted one and the $299 price of ra new righty is a great deal.

I believe he already sold it. That is assuming that I'm interpreting his insanely difficult to read posts correctly. I'm, far from , , what I would call, a grammar, nazi , but the commas, are seriously ,, very distracting, for , , me, so I could be , wrong.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 8:30 am 

FYI, for anyone looking for a lefty T-Bird, the neck thru Tokais are supposed to be better than the Epis. There's a UK seller on ebay right now who's got 4 lefty sunburst ones for sale for 242.61 british pounds (279 listed price - 15% UK VAT which doesn't apply to overseas buyers) + 95 pounds shipping to the US. That averages out to a rate of exchange of about $498 US total including shipping. Not a bad price at all, IMO. I've ordered a couple of basses from overseas dealers and it's really not a big deal. The shipping time is often the same length of time as a domestic shipment and it's fully insured and trackable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0320811782

I'm thinking of ordering one and flipping it (unless it blows away the Epi, then I might just unload the Epi instead), so I suggest you guys order one now before I buy them up and flip them for a cool $1700 a piece. ;)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm 

thanks again andrew , and thanks to the few whom emailed me personally , ( coma count 2 so far) i see how it is and how it goes ( no coma ) when one stumbles there are always the few whom will help that person up and there are always those few that will get one more kick in while that person is down ! happy holidays all !! and god bless .

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Frankie, some of the guys are busting your balls, but I don't think anyone means it maliciously, right guys? Don't take it to heart. Tomorrow's a new day.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 11:39 pm 

andrew wrote:
Hey Frankie, some of the guys are busting your balls, but I don't think anyone means it maliciously, right guys? Don't take it to heart. Tomorrow's a new day.

Nah, no malice here. We're on the innertoobs, we're allowed a bit of ball bustin' here and there.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 4:27 am 

No harm intended, I used to think I had to have expensive overpriced basses to be cool. Although I do have some I tend to play my homely MM Stingray woodgrain all the time. It sort of works for everything. It's not pretty, sort of a grade school desk wood grain look but plays like a dream. My bass I play at night before I crash is a Carvin thing a got for $500 of ebay below. My guitar players bust my ass about it all the time. I used to talk smack on Cavin all the time. My wife says unpluged it's got the most rich deep tone of all my basses. Now she thinks all of my basses were $200.00 :lol: including my Wal so she isn't biased. Well I'm glad your sale worked out and I hope who got it loves it. Jaco played a beat up Fender that if I saw on the bay without knowing who owned it I don't think I would give it a second look. So that means I don't know shit. We leftys got to have thick skin right? I know I do...........

Attachments:
2b6e_3.jpg
2b6e_3.jpg [ 68.32 KiB | Viewed 13718 times ]
PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 10:02 am 

I'm still just waiting for some pictures.... :D

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 11:30 am 

andrew wrote:

Malice? No, I'm just taking exception to a seller asking for offers while referring to an Ebay sale that never happened ($1700). In other words, lying.

And sorry, PIPPS, but based on your subsequent posts, I just don't buy your "keystroke error" explanation, especially since "7" and "2" (as in, you meant to type $1200 instead of $1700) are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.

You've had (and have) every opportunity to explain. Instead of providing a reasonable explanation, you've said a bunch of nothing, including your latest "kick me while I'm down" approach. That's a bunch of nothing, noise. Doesn't take a genius to see that.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 11:41 am 

bbl wrote:
Malice? No, I'm just taking exception to a seller asking for offers while referring to an Ebay sale that never happened ($1700). In other words, lying.

And sorry, PIPPS, but based on your subsequent posts, I just don't buy your "keystroke error" explanation, especially since "7" and "2" (as in, you meant to type $1200 instead of $1700) are nowhere near each other on the keyboard.

You've had (and have) every opportunity to explain. Instead of providing a reasonable explanation, you've said a bunch of nothing, including your latest "kick me while I'm down" approach. That's a bunch of nothing, noise. Doesn't take a genius to see that.

He lied, we all knew he was lying, he got called on it, and he was embarrassed. We all have a clear picture of the situation and I doubt he's gonna come right out and admit it directly. I think it's safe to let it go now.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 12:14 pm 

"He lied, we all knew he was lying, he got called on it, and he was embarrassed. We all have a clear picture of the situation and I doubt he's gonna come right out and admit it directly. I think it's safe to let it go now."

Agreed. Let's move on.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 12:20 pm 

andrew wrote:
pizza when I'm in NYC. :P

just goes to prove that most every town has something great about it:

NYC - pizza (sorry Chi-town, but that 2" thick thing you call pizza just doesn't cut it)

Philly - Cheezsteaks (and don't forget that I want mine Provolone "wit")

Boston - Baseball, football, and beans :P

:mrgreen:

R