The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:27 am

Post subject: Roscoe SKB 3005 @ Bass Alone
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 5:46 am 

These basses are phenomenal! Keith makes (imo) the perfect feeling neck
http://www.bassalone.com/product_detail_1.php?id=173

Post subject: Re: Roscoe SKB 3005 @ Bass Alone
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 11:40 am 

Indeed! Thanks for the post. I've already emailed them for the price! These are without question the best basses out there IMHO.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 11:51 am 

2700.00 for that bad boy. I was all over it a few days ago but decided to go a different rout and order directly from Roscoe. It's a good bass but there definitely are better Roscoe models out there. I had one 2 years ago identical to that one but with a spalted maple top.

Great bass tho and should go to a good home.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 6:51 pm 

Did you get a better deal going straight to Roscoe? I'd love an LG 3005 but the months of lead time KILLS. What turn around were you quoted?

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 10:28 pm 

Id agree with you leftybass atl - i prefer the LG 3005 - i have a SKB 3006 and a LG3005 and for my size, i dig the 3005 -
BTW, if anyone out there has a LG 3005 (fretted or fretless) thaT THEY would want to trade for a killer NAMM show SKB3006, Id be down with that! i like the smaller body as I am in the vertically challenged club!

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 8:53 am 

Greetings leftybassati and bassaria...

The listed street price for the SKB3005 is fair. They are like 3600/3700 list so you take 25% off that and the numbers are correct. Its a very good bass with no upgrades but I had an SKB a few years back and have an LG model now. I personally prefer the LG body style a lot more. It obviously is all in personal taste tho. Its a bit smaller but more comfortable for me. Mine is a 6 string so the neck makes the body appear to be even smaller. :)

You can see my older SKB in the link below. It was a player but something about it I didn't like so I sold it.

http://roscoeskb3005.blogspot.com/

Bassaria, if your considering offing your SKB 6er, please shoot me some pics. The SKB is not so bad with the bigger neck but I think the LG and Century are my favorites. The Century is the same body shape as the SKB but with longer horns.

To answer leftybassati's question on better price... I just discussed a custom bass with them as I talk to them on a frequent basis. I am going with a custom LG3005 fretless with straight pup routings and the wait is 6-8 months predicted but due to the economy, it might be quicker, might be longer. Build times vary on situations and how well you know them.... kidding.... Hope this helps...

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 12:04 pm 

Here is a frontal of the skb - it was a 2002 NAMM show bass. Barts/ NTMB 18V Pre
Diamondwood fretless/Black and Gold HRDW/ Currently strung and setup just like Haslips -
I would love to trade for a LG 3006 fretless if there are any out there - or another small bodied fretless of high end - or a LG3005, fless or ft -holla if ya got something

Attachments:
IMGP2675.jpg
IMGP2675.jpg [ 30.17 KiB | Viewed 6314 times ]
PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 12:51 pm 

Bassaria... NICE bass. I think I saw that bass on the Roscoe site several years ago. It looks familiar. Very nicve indeed. Have you ever thought of putting an Audere 4-way or Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp in it? They are supposedly killer in the fretless'. I am sure it sounds fantastic as is tho. Lots of Mwahhh!

Here's a shot for comparison of the body sizes.. both 6 strings. Mine is the "Haslip" modeled specs but string left-handed. I can play upside down tho (strings that is...) :mrgreen:

Attachments:
front.jpg
front.jpg [ 97.4 KiB | Viewed 6307 times ]
back.jpg
back.jpg [ 86.3 KiB | Viewed 6305 times ]
PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 2:07 pm 

Yeah man -great looking bass as well -like he makes a bad one! - The tone on the SKB is killer - wouldnt change that at all, and yes, ,mmwwahh for days - i just really like the LG body size better - so if ya ever wanted to trade........

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 2:21 pm 

I bet your bass sounds and plays killer. The guys at Roscoe Guitars have a reputation and it's pretty darn good. Good warranty as well. All in all, you cant go wrong with a Roscoe and if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I do like your Roscoe Red finish on the SKB Body. More wood, more tone. Not interested in a trade as I just got this bass a few months ago but sure your fretless might do well if it went up for sale here or the evil bay. 8-)