LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:59 am

Post subject: Spector Euro 4LX-35 "Robbie Merrill Model" Lefty
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:05 pm 

The Spector Euro 4LX-35 is hand crafted in the Czech Republic. This 4-string bass features a 35" scale length for improved definition at lower pitch tunings and for use as a BEAD tuned instrument. It's currently set up from the factory as a standard EADG tuning. This artist model is the "Robbie Merrill Model", bassist of Godsmack.
It is a quilted black finish with gold hardware. The actual finish is called "Black Satin". It is the PJ series using the EMG Pickups and TonePump active electronics. The body features a carved solid alder body, a slice of walnut, and a figured quilted maple top and neck thru body. This is a rare quilted top as most of the Robbie Merrill models were flamed tops. The quilt is usually used on the higher end basses. It also has the original NS curve body design for comfort.
This bass plays like butter. Check the Spector website for more info. Retail of this bass in a left handed upcharge of 10% = $2,643.00 and 8-12 month wait.
included is Bass, warranty card (never filled out or registered) and Spector Logo padded gig bag. $1450 + shipping to the CONUS, LOWER 48 ONLY. I might ship to Canada but the buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 120.18 KiB | Viewed 10294 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 99.36 KiB | Viewed 10284 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 98.86 KiB | Viewed 10286 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Spector Euro 4LX-35 "Robbie Merrill Model" Lefty
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:07 pm 

A few more pics. The fingerboard is not that light.... Its much darker in normal light conditions.

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 98.62 KiB | Viewed 10278 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 81.88 KiB | Viewed 10277 times ]
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:11 pm 

I can send more pics upon request if interested. Also to mention, I had my luthier install an EMG Pan Pot as it originally ships with Vol/Vol. I hate 2 volumes and love the Pan with a single volume. The bass never left the house and is near mint condition. A few things to mention is there is a very tiny finish ding on the back where the straplock swung arount and hit the back of the finsh. VERY small. Another minor ding is the headstock has a slight dent at the top. Hardly noticeable unless your looking very close. Just want to mention these and also have pics if interested. The bass is showroom conditionas it never got played. 12 basses and a few more to go... :shock:

PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 7:27 pm 

Gorgeous bass and a very reasonable price. I'd consider it, but I have an older '94 Spector NSCRFM that looks very familiar. ;)

I am curious how mine differs from the Euro LX models. Mine has dot inlays and a gold sprayed bridge rather than gold chrome (looks lame, IMO), and an E string saddle that's too narrow to accomodate an E string, LOL. I even got in touch with Spector about it when I acquired the bass, and they confirmed that the older Spectors did not have a true E string saddle, duh. (I HATE lazy inexplicable gaffs like that!).

Anyway, someone should snatch yours up ASAP because these are some of the best basses made, IMO.

Attachments:
Spector.JPG
Spector.JPG [ 112.81 KiB | Viewed 10243 times ]
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 10:38 am 

Hey Pjmuck.... Thanks for the compliments... This is a very good bass but mine does differ a bit from yours. I believe those older Spector basses like yours were bolt on?? Mine is neck-thru. The older ones are very good tho. Spector has been pretty consistent thru the years fortunately and have not cut corners for quality assurance. Mine also is a 35" scale model. Your's is a 34" scale. As for the bridge, the bridge is a solid brass bridge that has sustain for days and can get a piano like tone due to the bridge and brass nut. The older bridges like yours were a bit lighter but I did like the brushed brass look they had. I dont see any issues with my gold brass bridge and gold tuners. They match perfectly and compliment the quilted black body. :D

Reason for selling... I just cant justify keeping what I do not play.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 11:25 am 

Mine is neck thru as well. I didn't notice yours was 35" compared to mine though.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Someday I will own a Spector. I've always wanted one, but it's not in the cards right now. :(

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 1:29 pm 

I hate to do this but this bass might have to go up on the EvilBay very soon. It needs a good home and figured I would offer it to the folks on Leftybassist first. Andrew, if you get a second though, feel free to ping me back. She's a good one. Pjmuck... You got a good older Spector if that ones a neck thru. Good quality in those older basses as well.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 12:28 am 

Alright guys... I have lowered the price to $1300 + actual shipping cost. It will go up on the evil bay this week or it's going to be traded depending on if the guy takes 2 basses in trade toward another bass. Gawd, like I need another bass but it's a great one.

Andrew, here's your chance buddy. It's a good one.

-gravesbass-

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Man, unless a pile of money falls on me from the sky I'm gonna have to pass. :(

PostPosted: October 27th, 2008, 8:03 pm 

The Spector bass sold on ebay today for my "Buy It Now" price. It's going to a new home. The price was very fair and the lowballers.... Well, you lost! :twisted: \m/ :twisted: