LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:47 pm

Post subject: Pedulla ET5 Thunderbass
PostPosted: July 9th, 2008, 5:01 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm selling my beloved and well-cared-for lefty Pedulla 5-string ET5 Thunderbass in near mint condition. It has a bubinga top, bird's eye maple neck (neck-thru-body design), soft flame-maple body wings, ebony fretboard, Bartolini pickups, active electronics, gold harware, ABM bridge, Pedulla/Gotoh tuners, 19mm string spacing at the bridge (custom order).

Pics to come on Friday.

Looking for $1500 + shipping. Paypal preferred.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Pedulla ET5 Thunderbass
PostPosted: July 14th, 2008, 8:13 am 

PostPosted: July 14th, 2008, 8:16 am 

PostPosted: July 16th, 2008, 9:55 pm 

Here's some more information about the bass:

The controls are volume, pickup sweep, and tone. It's active in two modes (no passive); normal and the Thunderguts (TM) circuit, which adds some really nice growly low mids (sounds killer to my ears - I always left in on). It comes in at 11 lbs. on the bathroom scale. It does not come with the original case, nor does it come with the special tool for the truss rod, sorry. I'll pack it in a nice gig bag and I will pack it very well.

I bought this bass 8 years ago from the orginal owner (in Lancaster, California); it was originally a fretless on an unfinished ebony fingerboard. He ordered it from LA Bass Exchange in Studio City, California. He later had it fretted by respected luthier in Van Nuys. The fret job is excellent, imo. The luthier also replaced the original side dots with dark ones, and added white side dots at the appropriate places (for fretted). I'll add more pics of the frets and side. Let me know if you need more.

I'm "bigbottomline" on Ebay (hence, my "bbl" moniker here), so you can check my feedback there if you'd like. I live in San Francisco, CA.

Thanks.

Geoff

PostPosted: July 16th, 2008, 9:58 pm 

PostPosted: July 17th, 2008, 1:01 pm 

Guys, if your looking for a great quality bass with lots of growl, this bass if for you. I played Geoff's bass a few weeks back (he is semi local to me) and it was a really nice bass. What threw me off was the conversion from fretless to fretted but I must say, the fret job was done very professional and the bass plays exactly like it would if it were a fretted all along. Geoff is a great guy and this bass is very comfortable to play. I don't think its 10LBs as it did not feel that heavy but very solid built. The neck was a plus. Very thin and comfortable 19mm string spacing. Probably one of the best I have felt. I owned a fretless Pedulla 5 and wish I never sold it. Pedulla make wonderful basses and customert support was always a 10 for me. The truss rod tool can be purchased directly from Pedulla for like 40 bucks. They will also include a manual for the specific bass you request. You need this tool to adjust the neck.

Good luck, she's a beut.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2008, 10:43 am 

Thanks, Jim.

Yeah, I'm happy to pay for the truss rod wrench from Pedulla. Their site says it's $25.

This is the only 5er I've ever owned, and I've always been amazed by the comfortable neck. That, and the low-mid growl.

I'd like to sell it here - this is a great site with a great group of guys. But if it doesn't get anymore interest soon, on to EvilBay it goes!

Thanks.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2008, 12:17 pm 

Sold!

PostPosted: December 13th, 2008, 11:30 am 

I just Wanted To Say That I am Loving My Pedulla ET 5 Thunderbass it Sounds AMAZING ! And Plays Just Like Butter !
Thanks Geoff ! :D

PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 2:06 pm 

Sweet. Glad you're liking it and I'm glad it's in good hands. :)