LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:08 am

Post subject: Shuttle Fever
PostPosted: May 18th, 2008, 1:55 pm 

Has anyone here gotten a Genz Benz Shuttle of any kind? I got the 6.0-12T combo and I'm ecstatic over it. 600 watt detachable head, tube preamp, 1-12" speaker, 31.5 lbs., tone for days. The head into a 4 ohm Epifani UL410 will make you cry.

Post subject: Re: Shuttle Fever
PostPosted: May 20th, 2008, 10:24 am 

I got the Shuttle head a few weeks ago, along with a Schroeder 1212L.

The Shuttle was great while it (they) worked. The first one I got had a bad fan, so it was shutting down after mid-way volume. They sent me a new one in about 2 days, and the second was dropping the signal intermittently. A few Talkbass members had the same problem.

This all happened in the middle of gigs. So even though GB service was great, I thought two failures was enough and went straight to Guitar Center and got a Markbass LMII, which I ended up liking better.

The Shuttle sounds great, lots of tube flavor and you can overdrive the input for some tube grit. Lots of features and it is less than 4 lbs. Amazing. I does have a hi-fi character to it; even though there is tube warmth, it is also bright.

I liked the LMII better because I favor a cleaner sound and it sounds a bit less hi-fi. The highs are more pleasing and the enhance knob in the LMII complements the sound of the 1212L much better than the EQ on the Shuttle.

As I understand, the problem with the Shuttle was a bad effects jack, that was all, so it;s not a significant problem. but if you get one, make sure you test it well before heading to the gig.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2008, 11:26 pm 

Sorry you had bad luck Carlos. I've got an SD800 too and it's really cool in its own way.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2008, 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

The UL410 is a sweet cab. I tried one with the Orange AD200B and that is a killer combination.
That rig and an Aguilar DB750 on a Bergantino NV cab are probably my two favorite "new school" amp rigs.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2008, 8:59 pm 

The Shuttle 6.0-12T + UL210 = the best sounding rig I've ever played through. Still haven't had it out on a gig, but at home with a drummer it's astounding!

PostPosted: August 5th, 2008, 9:19 am 

tallboybass wrote:
The Shuttle 6.0-12T + UL210 = the best sounding rig I've ever played through. Still haven't had it out on a gig, but at home with a drummer it's astounding!
After gigging....it's astounding-er!!

PostPosted: August 7th, 2008, 8:15 am 
Site Admin

I got to try the Shuttle finally. It's an ugly little thing, but it sounds VERY good. That much tone in a lightweight, affordable package is a helluva bargain.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2008, 11:14 am 

andrew wrote:
I got to try the Shuttle finally. It's an ugly little thing, but it sounds VERY good. That much tone in a lightweight, affordable package is a helluva bargain.
She sure looks sweet to me! 8-)

PostPosted: September 8th, 2008, 7:45 pm 

Oh boy, I just put in a lowball (at least i thought it was) offer on a new 6.0-12T at an Ebay store and he accepted it! Well, I hope all you GB lovers are right about this little puppy, cause I just committed to buying one.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2008, 10:00 pm 

Marcocolo wrote:
Oh boy, I just put in a lowball (at least i thought it was) offer on a new 6.0-12T at an Ebay store and he accepted it! Well, I hope all you GB lovers are right about this little puppy, cause I just committed to buying one.
Care to give us any details?

I just used mine again tonight and it's amazing! Hope you love yours.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:13 am 

Well I was just kinda fishing, not really committed to anything yet. i put in an offer of five and a half on a 3.0 10T and he countered at 6. 6 was the lowest i'd seen a 10T go for. I guess I was looking to see how low they all go for. The lowest I'd seen a 6.0 12T go for was 9. Then I put an offer of 8 on a 6.0 12T and he accepted it! I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure he would counter.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 11:57 am 

Marcocolo wrote:
Well I was just kinda fishing, not really committed to anything yet. i put in an offer of five and a half on a 3.0 10T and he countered at 6. 6 was the lowest i'd seen a 10T go for. I guess I was looking to see how low they all go for. The lowest I'd seen a 6.0 12T go for was 9. Then I put an offer of 8 on a 6.0 12T and he accepted it! I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure he would counter.
I think most of them will do 60% of LIST, maybe lower. Their cost is around 50% of list I believe.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 1:49 pm 

I think I got a good deal (tell me I got a good deal!). That was w/ shipping included.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Marcocolo wrote:
I think I got a good deal (tell me I got a good deal!). That was w/ shipping included.

You got a good deal.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 8:02 pm 

Marcocolo wrote:
Yes, you got a good deal.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2009, 6:47 am 

i bought a 6.0 on the hype and a Neox 112 cab to go with it. never really got on with and struggled to find a sound i liked. Sold it and bought a 3.0-10T Combo. Couldn't be happier now and with the neox underneath its more than i need plus i've recently bought a VT Bass which has made this rig sound monster