LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:06 pm

Post subject: Candy Apple Red 1996 Fender Am Std Precision - $700 + ship
PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 9:54 am 

1996 Am Std Precision with Fender Original 60's pickups and aged 60's mint green pickguard - No case

It really breaks my heart to sell this one. It is my favorite bass (even the one on my avatar) but I am moving to the Caribbeans and I will be selling most of my gear to only keep my five string Warmoth since it is my best reggae bass.

The bass is strung with LaBella Deep Talkin' FS760. I also added a soundcloud link where you can hear the bass played with roundwound strings and a pick, muted flats then finger with rounds. I am pretty sure my friend Gravesbass tried this bass last time he came to my house. I will keep the case to travel with the Warmoth and ship it with a padded bag.

https://soundcloud.com/user-128396228/pbass11

https://soundcloud.com/user-128396228/1996-fender-precision-mutes-labella-760fl

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gBfKgqBdDDid6CrSA

Post subject: Re: Candy Apple Red 1996 Fender Am Std Precision - $700 + sh
PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 2:47 pm 

Phillipe, I'll be in Stateline, Lake Tahoe @ Harvey's this Thurs, Friday. I'll take this P bass. :D I wish........ :?
I am actually going to be your way.. Ill contact you.

Phillipe is a very trustworthy guy and yes I did play all his basses. Where is the upright??

PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 3:12 pm 

LOL Jim, what upright? bbl had the upright, not me. But yeah let me know if you are interested. We can get together Thursday. I am moving to Sint Marteen in early October. It gives a little time.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 6:51 pm 

Hi Phillipe! I just bought Bob Jones' Thunderbird, so the bank is basically empty.. but, I will be playing with Carolyn Dolan and Big Red, at Steamers in South Lake Tahoe on Friday, we start at 4 p.m. I'm fortunate- the band is made up of excellent players, and, you can see and play a few of my basses. Sorry you're moving, but I wish you the best! Any other lefty's in the area- please stop by!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2018, 9:54 am 

Thank you Dave! I will be out of town this Friday but I will strive to stop by your shop before leaving to do a small fret job on my nylon string guitar. To summarize my time in Tahoe: I lived in a wonderful place, I made some wonderful friends, I skied and mountain-biked like a mofo but I was ridiculously broke everyday as there are no decent paying jobs over here.

I am still trying to figure out what I am taking to Sint Maarten with me but pretty much some of my studio gear + Warmoth 5 + Cordoba GK guitar + Am Std Strat + Markbass LittleMark II.

BTW: If you know anyone interested, my Ampeg 2x10 portabass cab (4 ohms) for $150 is a great deal. It is super light and portable (has a little retractable handle and some coasters) and works particularly well for small gigs and upright. Too big to come with me unfortunately.

p.s I was playing the banjo with Dave Schwartz at Artemis recently. I think he bought a EUB Goldtone bass from you. His bassist was using. It is pretty nice. I wish they'd make them for lefties.

@Jim: You should meet with Dave since both of you will be here on Friday.

Last edited by Frenchy-Lefty on August 29th, 2018, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2018, 12:17 pm 

Frenchy-Lefty wrote:
LOL Jim, what upright? bbl had the upright, not me. But yeah let me know if you are interested. We can get together Thursday. I am moving to Sint Marteen in early October. It gives a little time.

Ohh, I thought you had one too.

I will be slammed Friday going to see The Scorpions that eve so a meet up might not happen..... bummer.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2018, 10:22 am 

This bass is not for sale anymore...dang! what was I thinking? :roll: :roll: :roll: