LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:33 am

Post subject: 94 Modulus Quantum 6 in beautiful shape
PostPosted: November 20th, 2017, 1:47 pm 

My 1994 Lefty Modulus Quantum 6 is up for sale before the Holidays. This would make a fine gift!

Original owner of this beautiful, custom color, swamp ash, stunt player's dream. If you know about Modulus, then you know.

If you don't, This is one of the premiere bass manufacturers from the 90's. Most of their designs focused around their patented neck designs. This one is the bolt on 35" scale 2 octave (24 fret) Quantum neck with a phenolic fingerboard. Three on a side gotoh tuners. Custom color, and an amazingly light swamp ash body. These necks came preset from the factory and didn't require truss rod adjustment. This still plays beautifully after 20+ years, it is amazing. Impervious to these Wisconsin seasonal changes. No one will argue that these are very well made instruments.

This bass is beautiful but not perfect. An unbelievable specimen for the age. The back of the neck has 2 very minor imperfections in the finish, not really even noticeable, and there is on small recess on the front of the bass (to the right of the bridge pick up) that has dimpled the finish ever so slightly. I have tried and can't seem to get it to photograph. Not a chip but just a small finish dip less than 1/16" wide, less than 1/16" deep. I had a vinyl cover on the back, there is not a belt scratch on it. It has some light fret wear, played over the years strung mostly with D'addario XL's 130-35. Hardshell case has a few small scuffs and scratches. It's a case, right?

There are a few extras included, the custom matching knobs and original EMG's are wired Vol. Vol, Tone. The 4th pot is not in use. There is also a set of Lane Poor Pick ups, trons, and a LP preamp (slight gain boost only). Frankly, these Lane Poors sound amazing, maybe even better sounding than the EMG's but I preferred the EMG's for some slap-happy sessions I used this on last.

I am hoping I can send this off to a lefty member here, I know the number of players looking for a 6 is limited. Otherwise I may Reverb as well. Try this link for photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nwpt2y0vyz0i ... rguta?dl=0

I am looking for 1800.00 + shipping - CONTINENTAL US ONLY please.

Last edited by Jaxparx on November 20th, 2017, 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 94 Modulus Quantum 6 in beautiful shape
PostPosted: November 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm 

Send three or four pictures to timmycliff circle-a-symbol gmail dot com and I will resize and post. I'm not in the market for a 6-er, but I wanna see it :)

Post subject: Re: 94 Modulus Quantum 6 in beautiful shape
PostPosted: November 20th, 2017, 3:38 pm 

Here we go:

Attachment:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 134.87 KiB | Viewed 5241 times ]

Attachment:
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 153.32 KiB | Viewed 5241 times ]

Attachment:
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 143.67 KiB | Viewed 5241 times ]