LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Post subject: Kala U-Bass Left handed Solid Spruce top $400 plus cost to s
PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 7:32 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm selling my Kala U-bass solid spruce top model that I bought on amazon

it pretty much looks like the one on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Kala-UBASS-SSMHG ... B00CMB8Z02 except I already have a strap attached to it (one on the button where the cord plugs in and then the other end laced around the neck.

I loved playing this for my college's Jazz band. I got lots of strange looks before the show but got a lot of amazed looks followed by a lot of questions on how a ukulele could sound so close to a double bass. Now I'm graduating and will likely get myself a treat and purchase one of the california Ubasses that are lefty (if they still exist) as i did see one in this forum not long ago or try custom ordering it if not. It's a real nifty tool to use in a bassman's arsenal.

Selling for $370. Will throw in some extra stock pahoehoe strings I bought along with it (in owning it, I bought an extra set but never bothered changing them).

Downside:

-Shipping without case because my zippers broke and its pretty much unusable (although the soft case didn't have much protection in general anyway).

-You gotta get used to playing this little thing if you've never played a UBass before. The strings are very rubbery and so are easy to bend and may cause you to play out of tune.

Thanks for taking interest, this thread can also double down as a ubass appreciation post :lol: