LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:35 am

Post subject: Schecter Riot 5 Delux
PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 1:44 am 

Hey all! New poster, long time lurker here.

I've decided to sell my Schecter Riot 5 Deluxe. I bought it new in January 2012 for a project with one song that required a modern sounding 5. When I got it, I played it long enough to realize (hopefully for the last time) that 5s just aren't for me and stored it in a gig bag until about a month ago

That is really the only thing keeping me from absolutely loving this bass. I'm not really into active basses anymore, but thats not really a deal breaker for me. If this bass was a 4 string, I would rip the pups and pre out faster than a chimpanzee on a rampage. Trust me folks, one less string and it would not be going anywhere. This is my first (and to date only) Schecter, but it will not be my last. They know how to build a bass guitar and they are better than most to us leftys. At $400 new, I was VERY impressed.

The fretwork is better than alot of basses twice the price. The satin finish on the neck feels great. The neck profile is very comfy. Not Ibanez sr thin, but not an early 00's warwick ovankal baseball bat neck either. I've had quite a few high end 5 & 6ers and the B on this bass is unbelievable for its price. It smokes the EBMM SR5 I had, and because of the 35" scale and string through option its every bit as good as the B was on my lakland 55-94.

From my understanding, the first run had a 2 band emg pre while the 2nd had Schecter's own 2 band preamp. This bass is from the first run of the riot deluxe line, so I'm assuming its the EMG. Its unmarked and sealed in expoy. This bass has schecter diamond series active soapbar pickups. They are dead quiet and sound like, well active soapbars. The eq is better than most in its price range. Its pretty easy to dial in a usable tone for any style of music.

I'm not sure of the exact weight, but being a solid mahogany body, its not the lightest bass ever. Its not neck through thumb/wal/alembic/LP studio heavy, its no feather weight. I would guess 10-10.5ish, acurate within a pound.

Specs:
35" scale
5 piece maple neck with walnut stringers
Rosewood fretboard
Mahogany body
Schecter diamond pickups
2 band active EMG preamp
Black chrome hardware

TL;DR version: Solid bass, only has about 2 months playing time. Only selling because it has one more string than I like, and I need to fund another purchase.

The good: plays, sounds and looks great.
The bad: while its not the heaviest by a longshot, its not the lightest bass either. Between 10-11lbs
The ugly: my wife's mother.

ASKING $325 Shipped to the lower 48

Pictures to come soon-ly.

Post subject: Re: Schecter Riot 5 Delux
PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 1:51 am 

Pics

Attachments:
1489256299238.jpg
1489256299238.jpg [ 12.54 KiB | Viewed 3804 times ]
1487855569913.jpg
1487855569913.jpg [ 11.51 KiB | Viewed 3804 times ]
1489256299030.jpg