LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:17 am

Post subject: G&L and Warwick - A Couple of Sweet Ones
PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 6:41 pm 

I'm reluctantly listing a couple of basses for sale as bills are piling up and I can't justify having so many cool instruments not being used much when the expenses of living are creeping up on me. I'm located in western Canada and have shipped several used basses to the USA without issue in the past either through sales or trades on this fine forum. So I'm really not looking for trades at this time as I really do need to get the credit cards back under control. So here goes:

1. For your consideration, a pristine USA G&L JB-2 passive Jazz. I purchased it last year from a fellow forum member and it did not disappoint. I just am not giving it the love it deserves. This model is a fully passive jazz with the same neck profile as a USA jazz bass more of a Presicion shaped body. Its actually the L2000 body which is light, comfortable and sits so well on a strap. She is in just fantastic condition, no issues of any kind. I have her set up with new DR Fatbeams and she plays great. the bridge is fantastic, gorgeous slab of dark rosewood for the fingerboard and I have replaced the factory pickups with a set of 2008 USA Jazz pups. The originals are included as well in the sale as is a nice GnG hard case. I found the Fender pickups a big improvement adding growl and sweetness at the same time. Looking for $900 USD plus shipping.

2. 2006 German Warwick Thumb Neck thru 4 string. Absolutely pristine perfect. 10 out of 10. Not a single mark or scuff. Bought new, never gigged. Factory gig bag and user kit included. The most amazing bell tones and harmonics just explode off this bass. the ebony fingerboard feels amazing and I have never played a faster neck. 26 brass frets, Bubinga body, Ovankol neck. Completely original and set up with insanely low action. Its as new as you can get and a truly sublime instrument. No neck dive either being a 4 string. $2300 USD plus shipping

Post subject: Re: G&L and Warwick - A Couple of Sweet Ones
PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 5:48 am 

Man that thumb is my dream bass, but no fund for this right now dang

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:32 am 

That G&L may be one of the most beautiful things of all time.

Who says that shameless self promotion was bad? It was me, click here for some tunes.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:35 pm 

I would not even consider letting the Thumb go if I didn't need to generate some cash. And yes the G&L is a sexy beast. The matching headstock always works well on white basses I find. :)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 7:30 pm 

Is that an EA VL208? Had two of those once upon a time, should have never sold them...

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:06 pm 

Actually it's an NL210 sitting on top of a CXL112. I usually don't like mixing cabs but this pair is pretty sweet together. A pair of the 210's though would be fantastic I imagine!

PostPosted: May 28th, 2017, 8:30 pm 

Annnnnd the Thumb 4 NT is also still available.