LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:52 am

Post subject: SELLING many basses....
PostPosted: January 8th, 2023, 8:51 pm 

This is a time that I've not looked forward to. I'm not playing much anymore these days. I own 26 left handed basses, and two uprights, one converted lefty The other is an old Juzek.
As some of you know, I'm a Luthier and repairman, been doing it for almost 50 years... or is it 51.. well, I'm 70 now, and the gigs are scarce. I just bought two Sire V7's and just finished my personal Rickenbacker 34" scale tribute build.
Over the years, I've accrued a lot of parts, and built what I, and others call 'Frakenfenders' or 'beater' basses. As far as the components used in these builds- some were used, in amazing condition, others were new, and some were manufacturers clearances, some just parts bought both here and on other sites.
By no means are these meant to be confused with actual Fender basses or G&L or others. I'm in Reno Nevada, and REALLY do not want to ship any of the basses I'm listing for two main reasons. The hassle of boxing and taking multiple basses to a shipper, and- well.. have any of you shipped stuff lately? The cost to ship these, would take them out of the realm of being good deals. I'm 2 hours east of Sacramento, and near Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and points south, like Carson City, NV. No bags or cases. I have other basses for sale but I'll start with these two.
So, here goes:
1. Squier Vintage modified maple body. Nice sunburst finish lurking under a pretty utilitarian but cool blue enamel paint job...G&L Tribute neck, and both of these pieces were modified to work together. A G&L neck will not bolt right up to a Fender body. The body had the neck pocket lengthened, and the neck has the heel shortened slightly to make it work. It looks like a stock bass, but it isn't. It has developed a slight 'S' curve- and I'm too lazy to refret it. SO, I'll include a brand new unmounted maple G&L Tribute neck with it. It has a set of gold Schaller tuners, an Omega gold bridge, and a set of EMG j- pickups, and a BTC control. *The EMG's are not in the blue bass in the pic. The bass sounds killer. $400.

2. Squier VM maple blocked jazz neck- on what appears to be an American body- dark purple/ violet with very nicely done through body string ferrules- so- likely not Mexican. I'll say it's ash, because of the weight. I bought the body by itself, and do not know the true origin. It is nice, but a bit heavy. It has passive Carvin pickups, A standard bridge, good quality- but unknown.. it is string through. Tuners are either Fender MIM, or similar. Min green guard. A very solid, good sounding bass. $350.

Attachments:
Purple J crop 1.jpg
Purple J crop 1.jpg [ 77.07 KiB | Viewed 1458 times ]
Daphne crop 3.png
Daphne crop 3.png [ 152.92 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]
 Post subject: Re: SELLING many basses....
PostPosted: January 11th, 2023, 4:36 pm 

What else do you have? A complete list would be cool. I'd be interested in a Guild Jetstar or Vintage G&L L2000. Thanks

Post subject: Re: SELLING many basses....
PostPosted: January 11th, 2023, 8:55 pm 

donahue wrote:
What else do you have? A complete list would be cool. I'd be interested in a Guild Jetstar or Vintage G&L L2000. Thanks

I don't have anything like that, sorry.

Here's a partial list.

Danelectro shorthorn
G&L L-2000 Tribute natural Got it kinda cheap, and found out why- bad lifting frets... I remedied that. Luthier setup/ fret reseat, mill and recrown- plays great.
Two Fender Japan P-basses.. selling one, not sure which one to keep
Fender Japan alder body in ocean turquoise with Allparts jazz neck, Fender noiseless pickups, all vintage style hardware, and stack knobs

And a few more I will list in the coming weeks.