LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:26 am

Post subject: 1978 Antigua Fender jazz bass
PostPosted: July 14th, 2021, 10:45 am 

I might sell my "I'll never sell it" 1978 Antigua Fender jazz bass that is easily the nicest looking Antigua finish I've ever seen.Has the original case that it was stored in almost unused for 30 years which is why I believe the finish is so nice no years of sun exposure.I'll probably change my mind within the next couple days and I'll probably not move on the price.The bass could use a set up that I'm not up to do with trigger finger in both thumbs and the right thumb partially paralyzed from an accident that severed a tendon and left me unable to raise my thumb upward ala no "thumbs up" gesture.I usually have a problem loading pics here and I also can't see shit without my readers so it may take a bit to get it done plus I'm swamped today with work.Im asking $4500.It's also no boat anchor at a little over 10 pounds I have black buttons on for straplocks I put on.The original screw on the horn had a slightly larger improper screw.I never play it anymore with my issues and it's a struggle with my little in comparison Status S2
My email is johndbenninger@gmail.com if I can't get my pics up I can send some there to seriously interested buyers

Post subject: Re: 1978 Antigua Fender jazz bass
PostPosted: July 14th, 2021, 12:32 pm 

John’s a good dude, and I’ve seen pix of this beast. It’s absolutely stunning! I wish I could swing it!

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2021, 3:39 pm 

Thanks Matt.I've gone off the deep end.The downtime during Covid and my accident prone streak of bad luck and other shit health issues have sucked.Mostly smoked weed and talked to a sick feral kitten who wandered in(for real)and got to thinking what if I can't play much or at all then what?And it hit me at once like the movie Field of Dreams."John.If you dub it they will come" and like that I started building a project studio for reggae and more specifically DUB reggae.I ain't fucking around either I'll be typing awhile to post a gear list.Even have a delivery tomorrow with the Lee "Scratch" Perry starter pack a Roland RE-201 Space Echo and a Mu-tron Bi-phase to go with my Mu-tron III that's just been modded by Fxdoctor@fxdoctor.com I'll hit you up on Facebook later and send pics but it's kinda cool af.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2021, 4:29 pm 

I went through a dub phase during the shutdown. Bought a bunch of old records from the Upsetters, King Tubby, Scientist... Great stuff. Sounds like a cool and worthy project. Enjoy!