LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:46 am

Post subject: Custom made Halo Guitars short scale 6-string bass
PostPosted: September 24th, 2020, 7:51 pm 

Custom made Halo Guitars short scale (30 inches) 6-string bass!!

Brand new! I custom ordered this short scale 6-string bass from Halo Guitars. It’s a very cool and unique bass, but unfortunately the 30 inches scale doesn’t work for me. I prefer to play on long scale 6 string basses (34 inches scale basses). The body and neck have been ordered on Halo Guitars website (you can find the links below to get an idea. Starting price is $749 for each of them.). Overall, I spent around $2200 USD for this bass (body, neck, electronics, hardware, workmanship (luthier) and hardshell bass case...).

I'm asking $1200 USD (+ shipping).

Specs:
• 2-pieces Swamp ash body (Warwick Streamer style)
• Halo Guitars Ace 6-string 30"(short scale) bass neck
• Bolt-on neck
• Neck Wood : Maple neck with Maple fingerboard
• Black blocks inlays (no binding)
• Tortoise shell pickguard
• EMG-45X bass pickups
• EMG BQS System active preamp (18V)
• Schaller strap lock
• Warwick 2-Piece 3D Bridge & Tailpiece
• Machineheads: Gotoh GB-7
• Hardshell bass case

https://www.haloguitars.com/store/parts ... itar-necks
https://www.haloguitars.com/store/parts ... tar-bodies

High quality and custom made!

I would consider a trade for a Status Graphite bass (I’m not looking for something else at this time, sorry!)

Thanks!! :)

Attachments:
20200924_221527a.jpg
20200924_221527a.jpg [ 422.43 KiB | Viewed 9485 times ]
20200924_221546a.jpg
20200924_221546a.jpg [ 360.32 KiB | Viewed 9486 times ]
20200924_221552a.jpg
20200924_221552a.jpg [ 425.23 KiB | Viewed 9486 times ]
20200924_221516a.jpg
20200924_221516a.jpg [ 413.48 KiB | Viewed 9486 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Custom made Halo Guitars short scale 6-string bass
PostPosted: September 24th, 2020, 8:40 pm 

That looks like fun! Good luck 8-)

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2020, 1:51 am 

Just what I've always wanted... don't have a Status to trade, and no spare $1200 in the GAS kitty... GLWTHS!

PostPosted: September 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm 

Thanks a lot! This is a very cool bass, very unique. I looked all over the web, and there's no left handed version available anywhere in the world! You can also send me an offer if you want!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2020, 5:19 am 

Wingspan, curious as to how the B-string sounds at this scale length... and what the overall length is....

PostPosted: September 26th, 2020, 9:19 am 

Fivebass52, the B-string is really tight (it's actually a long scale string set that has been installed). To my suprise, the string tension isn't to high (and seems to be almost perfect). It will be probably better to find a short scale bass strings set. The overall length is 41.5 inches (including the strap button).

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm 

I'm also open for a trade (other than Status basses)! :)

PostPosted: October 1st, 2020, 12:43 pm 

How good would you say the overall quality of your Halo is? I've been eyeing them for a little while as a more interesting alternative to Warmoth, but the prices can get pretty high pretty fast and I have not really seen any in the wild. Would you recommend them?

PostPosted: October 1st, 2020, 7:07 pm 

I would say that Halo Guitars is one of the high end guitars/basses factory, of all the guitar factories from China. There's only a few High End guitar factories in China (most of them are producing low end/ poor quality instruments). Their headquarters are in the USA, but the factory is in China. They are very talented workers, building guitars by hand with the help of CNC machines. There’s a lot of guitar factories in China, but Halo Guitars is a high end Custom Shop. You can’t compare them to Aliexpress or Alibaba, it’s absolutely not the same thing. A lot of their design is dedicated to heavy metal bass or guitar players, but you can also design your own guitar or bass (bolt-on, set neck or neck through), using your drawing or pictures and they will build it for you (just like I did)! Since the factory is located in China, you have to wait a long time before getting your instrument (sometimes, up to one year and more). Once the instrument is delivered to you, it looks just like what you expected, it’s really amazing! Yes, I would recommend them!

Warmoth is a custom shop too, but you can’t ask for a special design with an original body shape (I know they have done a few customs, one-offs in the past, but I don’t think they are still making those one-offs/special request). You have to buy what’s listed on their website. They’re also mainly focused on Fender related products. I bought a lot of stuff from them in the past (5 string bass neck, guitar neck and bodies...) and they are really amazing too! I’ve never been disappointed by their left handed products. I wrote to them several times, asking for left handed versions of a few right handed only models, but the answer was always no!

It depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for something completely original (your own signature bass), you may want to look for Halo Guitars. Mine is really well made, very light weight. The only downside is the price and waiting time!

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2020, 11:43 am 

The price is now reduced to 1000$
I'm still open for a trade (Fender, MusicMan, Status..)

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2020, 2:00 pm 

Wingspan wrote:
I would say that Halo Guitars is one of the high end guitars/basses factory, of all the guitar factories from China. There's only a few High End guitar factories in China (most of them are producing low end/ poor quality instruments). Their headquarters are in the USA, but the factory is in China. They are very talented workers, building guitars by hand with the help of CNC machines. There’s a lot of guitar factories in China, but Halo Guitars is a high end Custom Shop. You can’t compare them to Aliexpress or Alibaba, it’s absolutely not the same thing. A lot of their design is dedicated to heavy metal bass or guitar players, but you can also design your own guitar or bass (bolt-on, set neck or neck through), using your drawing or pictures and they will build it for you (just like I did)! Since the factory is located in China, you have to wait a long time before getting your instrument (sometimes, up to one year and more). Once the instrument is delivered to you, it looks just like what you expected, it’s really amazing! Yes, I would recommend them!

Warmoth is a custom shop too, but you can’t ask for a special design with an original body shape (I know they have done a few customs, one-offs in the past, but I don’t think they are still making those one-offs/special request). You have to buy what’s listed on their website. They’re also mainly focused on Fender related products. I bought a lot of stuff from them in the past (5 string bass neck, guitar neck and bodies...) and they are really amazing too! I’ve never been disappointed by their left handed products. I wrote to them several times, asking for left handed versions of a few right handed only models, but the answer was always no!

It depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for something completely original (your own signature bass), you may want to look for Halo Guitars. Mine is really well made, very light weight. The only downside is the price and waiting time!

Thanks for the info, Wingspan! I agree with your assessment that they offer a lot more interesting customization than Warmoth, but it's good to know you will be waiting for a while. Below is something I designed that I've thought about for a while:

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2020, 2:16 pm 

Oh damn that's cool.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2020, 7:30 pm 

reynoldbot; that's a really great design! It looks like a mix between a Les Paul bass and a Fender Telecaster bass. The multi-scale/fanned frets is something that I'd like to try one of these days. When using the bass customization tool on Halo guitars website, you can try almost anything and see what it will looks like!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2020, 11:14 am 

Thanks guys, I didn't mean to hijack this thread so I think I will post the same pictures in the basses forum, it would be cool to see what designs you guys come up with!

Wingspan, best of luck selling your sixer!

PostPosted: October 15th, 2020, 8:27 pm 

Still available, for sale or trade! I'm looking for a 34'' scale bass.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2020, 1:52 pm 

Hello everyone, this bass is not for sale anymore! I'll trade it here in Canada. Thanks!