LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 11:26 pm

Post subject: 1990s Fender Jazz Bass MIM with Upgrades
PostPosted: May 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm 

Hey guys!

not really sure where to start with price, but I think it's time my 90s Jazz went to a new home where it gets played.
I've had this for at LEAST 20 years. it was my first bass, and I just continue to reach for my P bass these days.

It's seen it's fair share of playing over the years. here's some details

- the pickguard is not the stock white one, and a replacement that I can't remember where i bought, but I like the tort.
- i had stack knobs professionally installed about 2007 :o
- badass bridge installed professionally as well
- non-reverse vintage style tuners installed by me. they hold tune very well, I love them, even though my install job as a 17 year old probably wasn't the best :lol: two of the mounting screws on the e tuner are missing, but that's an easy fix. doesn't affect tuning
- regular scuffs from many years of playing, no dings.
- it is heavy. i'll update with a weight when i get the scale out, but it's probably the heaviest guitar I have
- the two stickers are easily removable :)

here is a photo, and here's an album with more detailed photos https://imgur.com/a/GfzdjK5

i'm thinking $700 USD plus shipping? open to reasonable offers, will ship anywhere at buyer's cost
i really don't know where to price this out at.. :? :? :? and i know that despite stack knob and bridge upgrades, thats not usually something that affects resale prices after haha

Post subject: Re: 1990s Fender Jazz Bass MIM with Upgrades
PostPosted: May 27th, 2024, 4:20 pm 

Good luck with the sale and this is just my 2 cents. I got my first bass in 1979 and I still have it. I don't play her much like I used to but every now and then when jamming with old friends I bring it her out. I think now at 60 years old that bass has been with my for every Girlfriend, Car, Apt, House I have ever been in. I played that bass in college and at my kids 3rd grade carnival at their school and now they are graduating college. At one time I was up to 40 basses and guitars and sold most of them but I kept that bass for sentimental reasons, others just play well or are unique but that bass will ALWAYS be my first bass.

Post subject: Re: 1990s Fender Jazz Bass MIM with Upgrades
PostPosted: May 29th, 2024, 4:31 am 

I kept my first electric too: a 1968 Jazzmaster that I got as a teen in 1984 (not a bass obviously). It had already been refinished with drumsehell-esque green sparkle and then I stuck some mod targets on. It stood out so much in my suburban high school guitar milieu, which was dominated by neon painted super-strats and shredders, that it got a special goodbye in the school newspaper when I graduated. Of course, I myself didn't.

Anyway, I still have it. Mostly for sentimental and identity issues. And of course I switched to bass full-time in my 20s anyway. I live in a different country now, but I took it with me and still take it out and play it from time to time. It's still a chick magnet too. :lol: