LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:00 am

Post subject: Re: Hello guys, it's good to be back! Please read...
PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 3:11 pm 

DUDE!!!

So crazy... I'll echo what others have said and just say I'm glad you're on the rebound.

If there's anything I can do to help as far as listing or editing pics or whatever, let me know.

I'd be happy to help.

Get better!!!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 12:44 pm 

Wow, big thank you's to ALL you guys for the kind words and positive vibe. Andrew, Addison, thanks for asking if I need any help. I can't think of anything specific, other than just being here. This forum has always been the go-to resource for all things lefty bass- but more importantly it's a community of genuinely good people. Each of you are a part of that, and that's what I've always appreciated most!

Pete, thanks for sharing your "window" story- I will draw inspiration from your comeback! Yes it is definitely frustrating and challenging at times, but playing is still great therapy for the mind and body, and I will keep pushing.

PJ, your comment that "it's basically "stuff" vs. THE most important thing you own: yourself"- definitely struck a chord too. I remind myself every day that I'm fortunate to be here- it could have been much worse! In a lot of ways this experience has really helped me. There's nothing quite like a close encounter with your own mortality to inject a bit of fresh perspective and prioritization into your life!

Conley (Superheavy), you played an "instrumental" role in my recovery: several months back I hit a rough patch in physical therapy where I really needed some kind of distraction to take my mind off things. I'd been wanting to try out a Sire V7 ever since they came out, and when I saw you selling two on eBay- and donating the proceeds to a worthy cause- I put in advance bids thinking if lucky I'd have a shot at one of them...well oops, I ended up winning both! (Of course the last thing I needed was more basses)... I haven't even touched the rosewood one, but I did spend some time with the maple one, fiddling around, figuring out the preamp, etc. I love it- such a great multi purpose bass, I think I will probably always keep one around. Having something new to experience at that point really made a huge difference- THANK YOU!

Moses, this line in your post had me totally cracking up: "Wow! Welcome back. I think your humongous sale thread turning up on Google search is what originally led me to this site"....Well I'm glad the infamous " Carmine's Lefty Bass Sell Offs" #1,2 & 3 helped you find your way to the light my brother, LOL!

So as Fivebass points out, that could be at least one way I go at this again- post up a list of 10 or so and a few pics to go with them, and let folks have at it. The tough part is where to begin... I'm thinking newer/ modern stuff in mint/ new old stock condition- easier to start since I haven't had time to get over- attached to those...

Pete- thanks for the tip on shipping boxes!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 1:04 pm 

Carmine, I am so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Don't ever give up!! Your will can overcome a lot of obstancles. I've had bad back issues where I couldn't strap on a bass, compounded by other internal issues which wouldn't let me put one in my lap. Eventually I healed to the point where these issues no longer affected me.

As for your bass-purge, maybe you could put a spreadsheet together of your inventory? Let me know if you need any assistance with that, more than willing to help.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 1:14 pm 

Also happy to help in any way Carmine. Once again, all the best to you.

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 1:19 pm 

Carmine wrote:
Conley (Superheavy), you played an "instrumental" role in my recovery: several months back I hit a rough patch in physical therapy where I really needed some kind of distraction to take my mind off things. I'd been wanting to try out a Sire V7 ever since they came out, and when I saw you selling two on eBay- and donating the proceeds to a worthy cause- I put in advance bids thinking if lucky I'd have a shot at one of them...well oops, I ended up winning both!

Oh, that was you! How about that? Haha!

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 7:43 pm 

Welcome back Carmine! Wow, what an ordeal! Feel better man.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2016, 11:03 am 

I echo the same sentiments as the rest of the gang. Welcome back and so sorry to hear you have been suffering. Like other posters, when I want to look up a bass, I check the Carmine collection first :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 11th, 2016, 3:58 pm 

Hi Carmine, sorry to hear of your misfortune and I wish you a full recovery. As others have said its times like this that put things in our lives into perspective, everything else is secondary to our health and wellbeing. I have no advice to give regarding the sale of some of your basses, apart from just play it by ear and release a few as you feel appropriate.
Stay strong lefty brother and get well soon,
Steve

Squier Vintage modified Jazz
Cheapo Encore P Bass (Defretted for "experimentation")
Ashdown ABM 500 Evo II combo

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 3:31 pm 

Hi Carmine,

Good luck with the recovery and hang on, I know what it's like but time, patience and work will get you there.

Take care,

Sly

PostPosted: September 21st, 2017, 9:28 pm 

Just read this post and as it is a year old I was wondering how you got on in your recovery and ability to get back to playing.
So I hope everything went down the right track for you and you we're able to get back to your love of music.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 2:12 am 

Hey Carmine! Welcome back! Well, I'm unfortunately, in a similar, but less immediate situation.
Health related issues, especially at my age- 65, are priority over everything else. I've also had to consider selling the numerous basses I have built, and collected over the years. I hope you don't have to liquidate many, or any at all.. now, because of what my doctors said.. I actually have to begin taking an inventory.. just in case, so my loved ones know what to do.
Get well soon, Carmine!