LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Post subject: FENDER AMERICAN STANDARD JAZZ FINALLY WITH MAPLE BOARDS !!!!
PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 4:12 pm 

JUST POSTING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET HEARD,NEW FOR 2012, CHECKOUT FENDERS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO!! MAYBE A LITTLE LOVE FOR US LEFTIES FINALLY!!!!

Attachments:
634675479175177921.jpg
634675479175177921.jpg [ 1.58 KiB | Viewed 9570 times ]
 Post subject: Re: FENDER AMERICAN STANDARD JAZZ FINALLY WITH MAPLE BOARDS
PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Not seeing it on the Fender site. Got a link?

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 5:08 pm 

Yeah I didn't find it either.

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 7:37 pm 

OMG GUYS!!! ITS NOT SHOWING THEM ANYMORE! I SWEAR THEY WERE THERE BEFORE!! THE PIC I HAVE IS TAKEN FROM GUITAR CENTERS WEBSITE, IT STILL SHOWS THE JAZZ WITH THE MAPLE BOARD, AND FENDERS SITE SHOWED IT THIS MORNING AS NEW FOR 2012!! I FIRST GOT THE NEWS YESTERDAY THRU ALL BASS,NO TREBLE!!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 8:11 pm 

http://www.chorder.com/electric-bass-gu ... nded+8786/ HERES A LINK WITH A BETTER PIC ,JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE RIGHT OF PAGE AND CLICK ON PIC OF THE BLACK JAZZ WITH MAPLE BOARD!!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 9:51 pm 

funky42 wrote:
http://www.chorder.com/electric-bass-guitars/Fender/2012+American+Standard+Jazz+Bass+Left+Handed+8786/ HERES A LINK WITH A BETTER PIC ,JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE RIGHT OF PAGE AND CLICK ON PIC OF THE BLACK JAZZ WITH MAPLE BOARD!!

Black only?.... or do you think they'd be willing to put that Maple neck on another color choice?

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 10:06 pm 

fivebass52 wrote:
funky42 wrote:
http://www.chorder.com/electric-bass-guitars/Fender/2012+American+Standard+Jazz+Bass+Left+Handed+8786/ HERES A LINK WITH A BETTER PIC ,JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE RIGHT OF PAGE AND CLICK ON PIC OF THE BLACK JAZZ WITH MAPLE BOARD!!

Black only?.... or do you think they'd be willing to put that Maple neck on another color choice?

Don't be getting our hopes up!

<sobs>I could not handle the disappointment!</sobs>

PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 11:17 pm 

Checked Musiciansfriend, Samash, Sweetwater and although they show the new 2012 models with the custom shop pickups, no signs of maple fingerboard option...As said I would not get too excited.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 8:52 am 

Here's a picture:

That's proof enough for me, but I might have to call them anyway... I really REALLY hope they do a P-Bass with a maple board too, because I will be buying one.

WOW.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 9:24 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
funky42 wrote:

come on - what would you expect from Fender ??!! One colour is enough since they gave us a maple board :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 5:35 pm 

Put a b/w/b pickguard on it. It will look great. Finally "hopefully true" Fender offers this but why not a 5 string version with a maple board. :(

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 2:06 am 

I haven't seen them in Frankfurt on the Musik-Messe.... :cry:

the fretless would be interessting for me ;) or is that just a rosewood board without dots ??? :?

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 8:31 am 

One thing I am confused by on this issue.

If we want a American made Fender jazz bass with a maple board, why wouldn't you just buy a US made G&L JB? You could get the maple board, any of their standard finishes (so you don't have to settle for black), any pickguard you want, and a great bass for less money than an American Standard Fender Jazz. For just a tiny bit more you could probably have our resident luthier Rod make one for you to spec. (Additional options add up though!)

I looked into getting a G&L SB-1, and was surprised at how low the price got. I don't recall specifically the Jazz bass, but I got a quote for the SB-1 in Olympic White with a maple board, slim #8 neck (1.5in nut) and tort guard new for $1049 with HSC. Check out this one for $50 less with a matching headstock (though righty) http://www.thebassplace.com/basses-4-st ... per-p-1161 .

The Fender American Standard Precision is $1250 without the matching headstock. Seems like a no brainer to me. I do wonder why we don't give G&L a little more love on this board.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 9:52 am 

For me, it's a couple of things...

First... if you decide you don't like it someday or it's not for you and want to sell it, a used American bass with the Fender logo will sell faster and for more money than a comparable G&L any day of the week. Sad, but true.

Second... I am attached to the Fender brand in completely unreasonable and shallow ways.

:lol:

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 4:59 pm 

Addison wrote:
For me, it's a couple of things...

First... if you decide you don't like it someday or it's not for you and want to sell it, a used American bass with the Fender logo will sell faster and for more money than a comparable G&L any day of the week. Sad, but true.

Second... I am attached to the Fender brand in completely unreasonable and shallow ways.

:lol:

True that. I have taken a beating unloading some G&L's in the past. Looking back wish I had not let them go but oh well.

Now if Fender does a lefty P with a maple board, ooooooh mama !! I'll take 2 please !

PostPosted: April 1st, 2012, 11:47 am 

If you look at the Fender web site they have a few funny things going on with the lefty 2012 jazz section. The sunburst model is shown with a lined fretless neck and the black one is shown with a maple board. However the specs for each color only show the bass to be available in a fretted rosewood version just like they always have been.

I would jump at the chance to have maple board sunburst USA Jazz but dont think its really available at this point. I would love to be wrong though!

PostPosted: April 1st, 2012, 1:03 pm 

velalv wrote:
One thing I am confused by on this issue.

If we want a American made Fender jazz bass with a maple board, why wouldn't you just buy a US made G&L JB? You could get the maple board, any of their standard finishes (so you don't have to settle for black), any pickguard you want, and a great bass for less money than an American Standard Fender Jazz. For just a tiny bit more you could probably have our resident luthier Rod make one for you to spec. (Additional options add up though!)

I looked into getting a G&L SB-1, and was surprised at how low the price got. I don't recall specifically the Jazz bass, but I got a quote for the SB-1 in Olympic White with a maple board, slim #8 neck (1.5in nut) and tort guard new for $1049 with HSC. Check out this one for $50 less with a matching headstock (though righty) http://www.thebassplace.com/basses-4-st ... per-p-1161 .

The Fender American Standard Precision is $1250 without the matching headstock. Seems like a no brainer to me. I do wonder why we don't give G&L a little more love on this board.

Another idea along the same lines: buy a Carvin B40 for a few hundred less than the Fender. Yeah resale is bad but you are paying less to begin with, plus you are supporting a lefty friendly company (same is true with G&L).

PostPosted: April 1st, 2012, 7:01 pm 

I don't think the speculation is all that crazy that Fender might actually give us something for once. Check out this article on no treble. The way it's written don't clarify for me whether they are doing a 5 st P bass, or a maple board, or new colors, but fender is definetely doing something new, at least according to No Treble.

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2012/03/24 ... -for-2012/

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 11:36 am 

I've got a call into Fender on this... the Customer Service guy was just as surprised to see the photos as I was. :?

He is checking with the marketing department and he's going to get back to me... I'll let you know what I find out.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 12:25 pm 

guess what it will be ?

"Sorry this is a mistake - for lefty we will offer the Am. Std. only in black and sunburst with an alder body and a rosewood fretboard"

AS ALWAYS !!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: