LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:17 am

Post subject: Parts Magically Become a New Bass
PostPosted: December 15th, 2020, 3:01 am 

I've been searching nearly every day for a lefty AmPro Jazz neck. Finally I gave up and ordered a Warmoth neck. It'll be here in a couple of months. Then yesterday, I saw a lefty, a tiny nick on the headstock. Maple, RIGHTY. Good deal on it, so I bought it. So now, I've got the two necks coming in. I started thinking about that extra neck, and so I went on the search for a body and found a good deal on a loaded AmPro Jazz body. I'll probably put the Warmoth neck on it.

Buying the neck and body separately cost me just around $1000. I've seen used American J Basses selling for $1400-1700 during this period of no AmPro lefties again until January. I didn't set out to buy a new bass, but I'll be damned if I didn't do it! I love the black finish with a white pickguard. Elegant. The kind of bass you sling when you're wearing a suit and tie to play. ha ha.

https://on.soundcloud.com/VajA4QW4p88JPBed6

Post subject: Re: Parts Magically Become a New Bass
PostPosted: December 15th, 2020, 5:54 am 

Congrats! Please post some pictures when it's all together!

PostPosted: December 15th, 2020, 9:51 am 

bobjones2260 wrote:
Congrats! Please post some pictures when it's all together!

O yes I will. And it's matching sister, a black Strat body to go on a maple neck I got from my best friend and jamming buddy when I moved back to the States from Germany 17 years ago. I figure it needs to be used, and it'll be cool to have matching Fenders.

https://on.soundcloud.com/VajA4QW4p88JPBed6

PostPosted: December 15th, 2020, 11:36 pm 

ch willie wrote:
I've been searching nearly every day for a lefty AmPro Jazz neck. Finally I gave up and ordered a Warmoth neck. It'll be here in a couple of months. Then yesterday, I saw a lefty, a tiny nick on the headstock. Maple, RIGHTY. Good deal on it, so I bought it. So now, I've got the two necks coming in. I started thinking about that extra neck, and so I went on the search for a body and found a good deal on a loaded AmPro Jazz body. I'll probably put the Warmoth neck on it.

Buying the neck and body separately cost me just around $1000. I've seen used American J Basses selling for $1400-1700 during this period of no AmPro lefties again until January. I didn't set out to buy a new bass, but I'll be damned if I didn't do it! I love the black finish with a white pickguard. Elegant. The kind of bass you sling when you're wearing a suit and tie to play. ha ha.

Reminds me it's time to dig out some of my projects, and complete them.... :)