The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:21 pm

Post subject: Mega Gallery
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 5:44 pm 

Too many pictures to upload here, but here is my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeftyBasses

Post subject: Re: Mega Gallery
PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 8:32 am 

I should hire you to take pix of my stuff. Very nice photos. Oh yeah, and the basses aren't bad either. ;)

PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 11:01 pm 

Here are my three: My Trans Orange SR5 is a 2005 one piece ash body with the single H and rosewood. This one was made just before the compensated nut was introduced. I love this bass, it plays like butter and is just so well built. The finish really comes alive in natural light. Doesn't photograph very well.

Next is my 2006 Black Cherryburst SR4. Bought it new last fall. It had suffered a bit of abuse as the only lefty EBMM in the Vancouver Long & Mcquade and ot was there for almost a year. The bass was grungy with dead strings and had suffered a ding near the control plate but was still "new". I was able to get a few hundred knocked off the price. Just needed a little clean up and it was good as new. I am amazed how different this bass sounds compared to my SR5. Its louder and has much more snarl to it. Its easily as heavy as the SR5 and has a two piece ash body. I love them both and they seem to get equal playing time.

Last is my "project" bass. Its a 2004 MIM Jazz in brown sunburst. I bought it new after comparing to a Deluxe American jazz and US Standard Presicion. At the time, i thought it held its own very well. Its heavy as hell and the finish is a lot nicer then most of the MIM sunbursts I have seen. This one now has a BadassII, Dimarzio Model J's, a custom torte pickguard made from "new old stock" torte from the 60's and has been defretted rith rosewood lines and dots inlaid. It plays really well but I need to find the right strings as the Super Slinkys I have on it now are too light and floppy.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2008, 9:01 am 

Part of the family