LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:39 am

Post subject: The family photo
PostPosted: September 24th, 2010, 6:57 pm 

I finally put everything in one room and took a picture! Left to Right: Engelhardt ES1 (neck, tailpiece, bridge modified by Upton bass), Roscoe SKB3006, Takamine AE guitar, 3 EBSRs (the 4 string is modded with a Bart), Modulus Genesis 5, BSX Allegro, Takamine AE bass and an old Hohner acoustic from the 70s that sounds killer. Missing from the pic is my ESP 400 Strat (forgot to add him) and a couple of franken basses that I just hate and felt didn't deserve to be in the photo!

Attachments:
File comment: Most of JD's collection
DSCF2373.jpg
DSCF2373.jpg [ 115.13 KiB | Viewed 5766 times ]
 Post subject: Re: The family photo
PostPosted: September 24th, 2010, 7:26 pm 

That's a really nice collection! Can you tell us a little bit about this BSX Allegro?

PostPosted: September 25th, 2010, 5:05 am 

Beautiful sight. And what a great room!
I especially like the look of the Modulus.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2010, 8:13 am 

Thanks guys! This picture was taken in my theater room. Everything is more fun to watch on a 10 foot screen in 7.1!

BSX: This thing is killer. I owned a solid body allegro many years ago, then decided I no longer needed it when I bought the Engelhardt. I had major sellers regret soon thereafter, so saved up and bought another one, this time the hollow body allegro. What amazed me most is the design improvements Dino had made in the years between my old and new. I also like the hollow body sound much more than the old solid body b/c I can get closer to a pure upright sound. Packed up and in the case, this Allego isn't much bigger than an the Takamine ABG next to it in the picture. It's truly an amazing instrument, especially for the price. (under $3k).

Modulus: I love this bass. I haven't seen many of the Genesis models, and now I think they're available only via special order. A guy here on the board tried to sell one not long ago and for some reason was having trouble getting rid of it. I can't possibly imagine why. This thing KILLS. Some better pics of the beautiful grain and finish can be found in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=487

Thanks for the good words! If anyone knows how I can add a Roscoe LG3005 to the family, let me know ;)

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 6:28 am 

That is a beautiful guitar photo you show here. I think some rockers or maybe music lover they will like this photo you show here. Even I appreciated it the photo of an electric guitar to manual up to acoustic guitar.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 7:00 am 

leftybassatl wrote:
Modulus: I love this bass. I haven't seen many of the Genesis models, and now I think they're available only via special order. A guy here on the board tried to sell one not long ago and for some reason was having trouble getting rid of it. I can't possibly imagine why.

Yeah... that was me.

It took me a long time to sell it, and I'm not sure exactly why, because it was awesome.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that I'm REALLY into maple fingerboards right now, and I just don't like the look of a black body with a rosewood board. Kind of stupid, I know... but, I can be weird about aesthetics sometimes.

I also had a bad pot in it right out of the box... and Modulus' customer service was absolutely HORRIBLE. It was a total turn-off from the brand.

I ultimately fixed it perfectly myself... but my experience with the company really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway... cool photo!!!!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 5:13 am 

I love your collection !

victory motorcars
lop Seo khoa 2