LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Post subject: Hey Rod, what's up?
PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 4:01 pm 

Hey Rod, you've been strangely quiet of late! You must be working hard for NAMM etc., but let us know what's up when you can, and Happy Holidays! :D

Post subject: Re: Hey Rod, what's up?
PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 4:03 pm 

OK, I see I should look at your Facebook page more often... nice jointer/planer!

PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 4:25 pm 

hey what timing - I was drifting in for a mental break and saw this post 8-)

let's see, what been happening? how about ...

- finishing the details on a new model I've been working for several months now. it'll make it's debut in full lefty and righty glory at NAMM. on top of this I have a righty and lefty in both 4 and 5-string versions for just about every model in my offering list, and all of these bodies/necks are at the paint shop with a delivery target of 10 days from now

- completed work on a custom pickup design for this new model, and have the first units here in the shop ready to install into the bodies soon to arrive from the paint shop

- I have all of my 4 and 5-string models fully defined for the CNC, and just this past weekend completed all the design work for the 35" scale 5-string lefty. not sure I'll have time to cut a body before NAMM, but it's ready to go just in case I need something to do in between assembling and setting-up 10 basses in two weeks

- I have the new CNC system fully online and cutting parts. a couple of the bodies I'll have in my NAMM lineup are off of the CNC

- I can't forget to mention just how much there is to learn your first year of having a NAMM booth. wow - there's a lot to juggle, and then you discover that the photographer and print shop were left off the schedule ... and everything was due to have been photographed last week :shock: next year sure is going to be a LOT more organized, since I'll know most of what is expected having already done it once before (aka this year). the $$ forked out for guitar inventory, NAMM membership/booth/misc fees, hotels, airfare, rental cars, meals, shipping, booth carpet/padding, etc ... are simply staggering to this first-timer. sure glad I've been socking away funds into a bucket for this event for a couple years now. if this had simply been an impromptu type of idea I'd have easily broken the bank several $K ago

time to get back out into the shop ...

all the best,

R

PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 4:35 pm 

Rod is quite the busy Castor Canadensis !!!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 2:42 am 

AzWhoFan wrote:
Rod is quite the busy Castor Canadensis !!!

That's funny! Although according to part of the explanation, The Beaver/Rod is active mostly at night, and builds mainly out of sticks and twigs; although Rod's stick and twigs are of a more manicured and seasoned nature.... :)

Thanks for the update Rod, and I wish you all the success you deserve for your efforts at NAMM this year. This is an off year for me to go to the show, but maybe next year. As always, keep us posted when you can!

Aloha,
Ian

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 8:25 am 

I think I'm venturing into the nocturnal aspect - work till close to midnight, and then back to the grindstone again a little after 3:30 this AM. so far no complaints from the neighbors, but then they don't complain about my other neighbor's outdoor bagpipe playing so I probably pretty safe

all the best,

R