LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:11 pm

Post subject: Dempsey Method... my band.
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 11:27 am 

YAY, FIRST THREAD IN NEW SUBFORUM!

Well, here's my band's myspace:Dempsey Method

It's big mean rock n' roll.

For the recordings I'm playing my trusty SX P/J (lefty of course) with tone and P knobs all the way and just a touch of the J, through an LMII set almost completely flat (very slight boost in the mids and about 1 o'clock on the tube emulation knob thingy). I'm pretty happy with the results.

Lemmie know whatcha think, and if you enjoy it please add us up... we just recently started pushing for friends, so we can use all the help we can get.

thanks for checking us out!

Post subject: Re: Dempsey Method... my band.
PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 8:03 am 

Ballroo, congrats on being the first poster in this new forum!

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Cool man, I'm not on a computer with sound at the moment, but I'll check your band out as soon as I can. We like a lot of the same bands so your band could be right up my alley.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 11:06 am 

Actually Andrew, that might not be true in this case. This band isn't actually that inline with my normal listening habits (well, that's not entirely true, since I've been playing in this band I've started exploring the genre a lot more... as evidenced by my last.fm chart below). In fact everyone in this band comes from pretty different musical backgrounds. It's one of those things where you look back and go "how the hell did we end up here (musically)?" Somehow the sum of our parts ended up creating something almost completely seperate from what we all listen to. Hell, I think the most "rock" CD our drummer has in her collection is Rilo Kiley... that might be a bit of an exageration, but you get my point. :)

It's fun as hell to play though and the audiences seem to really "get" it so what the hell, right?

PostPosted: March 15th, 2009, 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds cool man! Reminds me a bit of a Sleep, Soundgarden, Sabbath mix. Are you using any dirt pedals?

I friend requested you from one of my bands. :)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2009, 6:51 pm 

andrew wrote:
Sounds cool man! Reminds me a bit of a Sleep, Soundgarden, Sabbath mix. Are you using any dirt pedals?

I friend requested you from one of my bands. :)

I'll certainly take those as compliments! A few more we've been using as influences include GnR, MC5, Leaf Hound, and Pantera, but we tried to keep our myspace with a specific vibe to avoid sending a confusing message musically. Thanks for listening and the add.

No dirt, the only effect I run is a 105Q. I've experimented with quite a few different dirt pedals, but nothing quite fits with this band. Both guitarists bump the lows pretty heavy so any dirt just makes me disappear, and with as dirty as their tones are the last thing we need is more mush. Of course I can't really complain, I'm super happy with my tone and my role in the band.

Lately I've been EQing more and more cut into my rig and It's working really cool with the band mix. It feels sort of counter-intuitive, but it just gives everything a better "edge."