LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:05 am

Post subject: '54 P-bass
PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 8:51 am 

Ok, so it's not a lefty :cry: But it's a way cool 54 P bass and I thought I'd show if off before someone ups and snags it.

http://www.larkstreetmusic.com/list/pict/PBAss54.jpg

Post subject: Re: '54 P-bass
PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 8:55 pm 

Wow! Beautiful Bass! That's the way a vintage instrument should look... some aging, but still a beauty! If that bass could only talk... any idea of the history/owners behind this one?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 8:31 am 

No clue whatsoever about it's lineage. I perpetually watch LarkStreet because they get some of the most interesting vintage pieces come through their door. And they are negotiable on price if you call them up when ready to buy. Buzzy can be a bit gruff, especially early in the day, but he and his staff offer astounding good service.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 3:38 pm 

Testing something out, sorry for spamming

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 10:28 pm 

I am on Yves Carbonne's Facebook and there was a discussion about vintage lefties lately. Apparently there is a 1956 Lefty P Bass somewhere.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 8:25 am 

Frenchy-Lefty wrote:
I am on Yves Carbonne's Facebook and there was a discussion about vintage lefties lately. Apparently there is a 1956 Lefty P Bass somewhere.

Yep. There's a pic of a lefty in The Fender Bass Book.

I used to peruse Lark St. Music all the time. About 10 years ago (maybe more), I was in the market for a lefty Telecaster. They had a lefty copper finish Fender '52RI. They were asking $900. Too rich for my blood, I remember saying, so I settled on a basic black American Standard Tele for $600. (Long gone now; I play a butterscotch '52RI now).

I now know, unfortunately, that there may be less than 5 lefty copper Fender '52 RIs in the world. Doah! :x

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 8:55 am 

pjmuck wrote:
Frenchy-Lefty wrote:

Yep. There's a pic of a lefty in The Fender Bass Book.

I used to peruse Lark St. Music all the time. About 10 years ago (maybe more), I was in the market for a lefty Telecaster. They had a lefty copper finish Fender '52RI. They were asking $900. Too rich for my blood, I remember saying, so I settled on a basic black American Standard Tele for $600. (Long gone now; I play a butterscotch '52RI now).

I now know, unfortunately, that there may be less than 5 lefty copper Fender '52 RIs in the world. Doah! :x

Ya, i was lusting after that one as well. I was in school at the time and totally broke, otherwise I would have snapped it up. It hung around his shop for quite a few months IIRC.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 9:24 am 

Frenchy-Lefty wrote:

Somewhere back in the mid to late 80's there was a photo shoot in Guitar Player of some guy who was a 1st call Nashville session player, and he was a lefty. He had a good connection to Leo and had a rack of about 10 or 12 very very early Fender Tele's, Strat's, and P-basses that they featured a lot of pics of. Sure wish I still had that issue :(