LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:03 am

Post subject: Sire V7 White Alder/Rosewood and Ash Maple
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 3:03 pm 

Hi guys,
I have a couple White Sire V7 basses that I might as well unload.
I'm going to say $500 for the Ash/Maple and $450 for the Alder/Rosewood.

Here is the Ash/Maple. It plays and sounds great, but showed up with a ding in the back of the neck and an imperfection in the finish on the bottom wing. I captured these in the pictures as well as I could:

https://imgur.com/a/mOEhV

Here is the Alder/Rosewood. It also plays and sounds great. Despite being B-stock, it is in perfect shape, but the finish isn't quite as white as the Ash/Maple. I didn't even notice until I put the two right next to each other:

https://imgur.com/a/gNPLg

Any thoughts, questions and comments are welcome!

conley.flake@gmail.com

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

Post subject: Re: Sire V7 White Alder/Rosewood and Ash Maple
PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 9:11 pm 

What's the story on Sire?

...and how many basses do you own?, it makes me a bit more comfortable with my habit to see someone else with a collection.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 8:55 am 

Sire kind of took the bass community by storm with the release of the V7 and being backed by Marcus Miller.

People raved about the V7 as being as good as basses that cost three times as much. I think that is a bit over-stated, but it is a lot of bass for the dollar. The build quality is good, and the mid-sweep and active/passive switch are great features.

I currently own 12 basses:
3 Ricks, 4 jazz, a Warwick Thumb, a Schecter Sixx, a Peavey Fury II (my first bass) and two travel basses. I am trying to knock that down to 7 to free up some space in my apartment. :lol:

I never really "got" what a Rick is capable of until I ran it stereo a few times in my college band. We used to call it the "Piano of Doom". You get all the bottom and all the top in total a**kicking mode.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 3:25 pm 

NICE basses Superheavy!!!!!!!!

At one time, I had about 20 basses---19 are/were TRUE lefties. I am currently trying to raise money so am selling off quite a few of them. The next ones on the block will be a 75 Pbass, and a 70's EB-3.

Like a previous poster said---it makes me feel better to see another person with a collection.

Best of luck with your sale!!!!!!

PS: I dig the Tuxedo 4001. Would probably pull the trigger if I had the funds.

Do Not Drink From The Toilet When Taking Lyrica

PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 1:11 pm 

Lefty4001 wrote:
NICE basses Superheavy!!!!!!!!

At one time, I had about 20 basses---19 are/were TRUE lefties. I am currently trying to raise money so am selling off quite a few of them. The next ones on the block will be a 75 Pbass, and a 70's EB-3.

Like a previous poster said---it makes me feel better to see another person with a collection.

Best of luck with your sale!!!!!!

PS: I dig the Tuxedo 4001. Would probably pull the trigger if I had the funds.

Thanks, buddy! I may yet decide not to sell the Ricks. They are pretty sweet.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 6:17 pm 

Thanks SuperHDM, I'm in a holding pattern right now, contemplating selling a couple myself. We'll see...

PostPosted: April 14th, 2016, 4:22 am 

Hi all,

First: Let's knock $50 off of the price of each bass.

Second: All of the proceeds will be donated to World Vision (http://www.worldvision.org/) or Save the Children (http://www.savethechildren.org/). I will send you a receipt of donation after shipment.

Third: The Sire site says these come with a gig bag. I did not receive a gig bag with these from Thomann. I apologize for not mentioning this earlier. I have a gig bag I can include for $40. I also have a Fender hard case that may work. I will see if the Sire fits in the Fender case when I get home this evening.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 8:20 am 

Hi guys,

1) The hard case mentioned in the previous post has been sent with another bass. The gig bag is still available.

2) As for trades, I would be interested in a nice 2x10h or 1x12h cab (a Markbass 102HF would be awesome). About the only bass I would be interested in would be a Zon Sonus 4 with jazz pickups. I don't know why you would be interested in a Sire if you already have a jazz Sonus, but the option is there! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 3:11 pm 

Alrightie, I am going to knock another $50 off of each bass. After that, they are off to the bay!

PostPosted: May 20th, 2016, 10:50 am 

I am going to delay listing on eBay for a couple weeks because I have a potential local buyer, and I will likely have to leave town for a few weeks on the 31st.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 7:01 am 

Gone and gone!

Lockin' 'em up, boss!
(Lockin' 'em up, Luke.)

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 9:31 pm 

Geez, for the price these basses sold for, I should have just bought them both! Kicking myself..... :( ;)