LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 15th, 2024, 9:25 pm

Post subject: Spector EURO 5 2008 MINTY For Sale
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 12:44 pm 

Anyone out there interested in this mint condition 2008 EURO model? It's been played live 1 time and basically sitting idle in the case. I have another EURO and 2 more coming. This one has the latest and greatest preamp (it doesn't fart or overdrive like the previous ones did). It has an adjustable preamp volume as well. The bass is near 9LBs and solid as hell. For rock, you cant get any better than a Spector bass. The bass is mint and will be including the Spector logo form fitted hard case as well. I prefer to keep her off the bay but might put it up soon. Street new retail is 2900.00 w/o case (250$ case retail) 10% lefty upcharge and 8+ months wait. They are taking a very long time to build these lately but the quality control is top notch... I want $1500 shipped to US and Xtra to Canada. LOWER 48 CONUS and CANADA ONLY.. Sorry

Ping me back if interested. gravesbass@yahoo.com

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 100.94 KiB | Viewed 8788 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 118.39 KiB | Viewed 8787 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 93.18 KiB | Viewed 8789 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Spector EURO 5 2008 MINTY For Sale
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 12:45 pm 

A few more to add.....

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 84.61 KiB | Viewed 8780 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 89.94 KiB | Viewed 8777 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 127.97 KiB | Viewed 8777 times ]
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Nice looking bass. Someday I will own a natural finish NS-4.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 9:45 pm 

Holy Cr@poli gravebass, that's a sweet lookin' bass!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 1:02 am 

Thanks AzWhoFan... It looks much nicer in person. The pics make it look light blue but its a bit darker. The tone is killer and thick. I hate to sell it, but need funds to pay off my other orders that are near complete. I unfortunately might have to put it up on the bay inn a few weeks. I know most of you here are 4 string players from reading comments, etc but this neck is very comfortable for a 5er.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 9:07 am 

That dark blue finish would nicely compliment my Teal MM SR5 ....

.... however, the wife would proffer anything BUT compliments if I bought another bass right now ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 4:53 pm 

Update on Spector Bass Pricing. The prices went up on Spector Basses Jan 2009. This bass is now 2895 + 10% on top of it for custom Left Handed orders. This price is without case. The backlog has moved to near 1 year wait. Really. Just an update to those who have had interest and emailed me.
Cheers
Jim

PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 5:37 pm 

SOLD..... The beast is gone to a good home... To a lefty board member.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 9:07 pm 

Gravesbass is the best. I now own his old Wall, Spector, and Pedulla. This guy knows his equipment and is meticulous about the set up and care of his instruments. I don't think I'll be buying anymore preowned instruments anywhere else. Actually it's better than new because every time I bought a bass from Jim he explained every detail of the instrument from the electronics to any other possible issues. If Jim owned it, it's is a good bass and he would tell me anything about it I might need to know. Infact I bought the Pedulla and the Spector from him at the same time. The care taken of the packing shipping and comunication is second to none. If your lefty and in the market for a fine bass or any other low end gear talk to Gravebass first. It's better than new. Thanks Jim. Damn him just when I thought I hated everyone and trusted nobody you had to come along and crap all over my hate buzz w.t.f. Screw the bay man check here first... Anyone interested in the musicman I had posted that deal went south on the bay (see what I mean) and I still have a "brand new G&L lefty fretless 5" for sale.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 12:09 am 

And I didn't even have to pay thumbslam to say that. :D Thanks much for the compliments, man but I have been buying and selling used gear for 20 years and think it is pretty messed up when someone describes an instrument as great condition when it is far from it. All I have to say is BE CAREFUL on basses on ebay and craigslist. Also, when you think a store owner of many years lists something as great condition, think again.... They just want to sell it. I tear them apart and make em play killer. Full time musicians and part time luthier by hobby but damn good at it!

There are good people (lefties of course) here and just glad I can be a part of the reading from time to time.

Horns Up \m/

PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 9:06 am 

Dear Fellow Lefty Brothers,
I'd like to second my opinion about Jim. He is a true gentleman! Just in case I'm not remembered,Jim, I purchased a Lefty Roscoe SKB 5 from you about two-years-ago--love the bass and it looks as good as when I received it. When I received the instrument, it was expertly packed and I immediately noticed how well it was cared for. I own many high-end basses including MTD, Bebensee, A Warwick '96 thumb 4 NT, US Masters 4--very underrated bass!--& an in the works MTD 4 and Stambaugh 32" custom 4. It was a pleasure dealing with someone who appreciates truth and disclosure, who was honest sans the BS.
Best to you and all here,
Leftsphere

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2009, 11:57 pm 

Thx much for that compliment.... I hope the Roscoe is still giving you years of playing. It was a prime 5 string. Put an Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp in it and it will be even better...... Ah, your the one who traded the 73 Jazz for the Bebensee. Cheers on that deal.