LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:37 pm

Post subject: MIJ J bass, MIM J bass, and other lefty goodies....
PostPosted: October 6th, 2008, 5:26 pm 

As much as it pains me to do so, I need to unload some gear I don't use anymore. Hopefully it will all find a good home somewhere here before it all goes off to eBay.

1. First up is a collection of lefty J basses I've been experimenting with. Top (sunburst/tortoise) is MIJ, 1994-95 per the sernum, with a new unslotted Badass II bridge (original bridge will be included). I bought it to put a fretless neck on it to try my hand at the fretless game, but as it turns out, I'm absolutely terrible, so I have no use for it. It plays okay fretted or fretless, but just not my sound. Could use a good cleaning, has some nicks and dings here and there. A good player bass.
It currently has the neck from the burgundy MIM J below it, which has been defretted. I bought it this way. Not the best job, but not the worst by a long shot. Someone who knew what they were doing could do something nice with this neck I believe.
The bottom J (sunburst/white) is a generic loaded body I picked up on eBay a while back. I have no idea how it sounds- just never got around to messing with it.
The bottom two basses are aligned with aftermarket P style necks. They are cheapies, but actually not bad necks at all. Also bought on eBay. I have begun defretting one of them, but the neck needs to be finished.
So in all, 3 basses, 4 necks (two of them fretless), one case- a decent lot. I'm willing to split them all up, or I'll take $850 for all three basses, 4 necks, one case. Open to offers.

2. I know this is a bass site, but it's a lefty bass site, so I figured I'd throw these up here before they go to eBay. I have a lefty Gibson Flying V, Made in USA, circa 1985, and a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Made in USA, I believe it's a 1997. I'd love to have $650 for the V and $1275 for the Les Paul. Let me know if you're interested and I can send details and/or pictures. Otherwise, sorry to take up valuable lefty bass cyberspace with goofy guitar stuff! :D

3. I'm going to list my SWR SM400S amp in the amps for sale section....

If anyone is interested, has questions, needs more pics, or if you are the previous owner of any of these and can provide some insight, drop me a line!

Attachments:
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg [ 214.79 KiB | Viewed 7100 times ]
 Post subject: Re: MIJ J bass, MIM J bass, and other lefty goodies....
PostPosted: October 7th, 2008, 8:23 am 

Regarding your lefty guitars for sale, I've also got some lefty guitars I want to sell and have been debating whether or not we should be posting them under "for sale: basses" or "for sale: amps, effects, parts, etc." Does anyone else want to weigh in on this? Andrew?

PostPosted: October 7th, 2008, 9:07 am 
Site Admin

You can use the "for sale: amps, effects, parts, etc." for selling guitars.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2008, 11:07 am 

I've had a couple of questions on these and it has occurred to me that I didn't make myself very clear in my description.

1. The MIJ J bass is all original, and the neck is fretted. I currently have a fretless neck on it from the burgundy MIM bass body below it.

2. Of the two generic aftermarket necks, one is defretted, the other is brand new. One of them (fretless) has tuning machines and a nut, so it's a complete neck.

3. I forgot to mention that I will throw in a gig bag for the MIM J. hard case comes with the MIJ J bass.

4. If you're interested in splitting them up, I'll take $425 for the MIJ J Bass w/HSC, $275 for the MIM Fretless w/gig bag, and $150 for the aftermarket bass with the complete fretless aftermarket neck. I'm open to offers on them though- would rather sell them here than eBay.

Thanks and sorry for the wimpy description.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2008, 4:26 pm 

What about the leftover lefty aftermarket neck? What do you want for that?

PostPosted: October 8th, 2008, 7:38 pm 

hmmm...good question. I'm open to offers if it's going to someone who can use it. PM me with an offer if you like and we can chat that way.

Post subject: SOLD: MIJ Fender Jazz
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 9:31 am 

others in listing still available, currently posted on eBay.