LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:16 am

Post subject: FS: Spector Euro-5LX
PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 12:01 pm 

Howdy!

I've decided to sell my Spector Euro-5LX in natural oil finish that I bought from a fellow board member, Thumbslam. I think he bought it from Gravesbass, who is Spector guy numero uno. If I remember right, the only reason Thumbslam got rid of it was because he wasn't into the 35" scale thing anymore. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is to buy another bass cab... I bought it on impulse strictly as a back-up to begin with, so, other than one gig, it hasn't really seen any use from me, although I have kept her waxed up and the fingerboard has been oiled.

General condition: Overall great condition. The top might be the nicest quilt top I've ever seen on a lefty Euro-5LX... the bass is definitely a looker. I put some time into the set-up on this and the neck is solid and STRAIGHT and the frets have plenty of meat... intonation is perfect, action is way low, and I'm guessing a lot of you might even want to raise it up a little. The truss rod responds very well and is in perfect working condition. Like most used basses, it has a few tiny little dings here and there, but nothing really noteworthy that I can think of. I'll try to take pics of those, but there's nothing major.

Electronics: Thumbslam changed out the stock EMG electronics for a 3-band 18v Bartolini 918 system wired with two volume controls. The stock EMG pickups were swapped out for Bartolini soapbars. This bass SOUNDS KILLER.

Here's a little video clip of the bass being played by me... the EQ on the preamp is set FLAT (no boosts or cuts of any kind) and both volume controls are full. Please excuse my feeble attempt at a beard. :lol:

CLICK HERE!!!

Like I said... the bass sounds FANTASTIC and practically plays itself. If I wasn't completely determined to make some amp changes right now, I'd just keep it.

I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow... I just wanted to get this posted while I had a few minutes right now.

Current retail on these is Retail $3628... Bass Central has an identical model selling new for $2539. I'm asking $1200 shipped with an absolutely mint-condition Spector factory hard case.

Please... DON'T TEMPT ME WITH TRADES! :lol: I plan on taking the money from this sale and buying a new cab with it... if it doesn't sell, then I'll keep it as my back-up and use it for recording or whatever else. Definitely wouldn't hurt my feelings. 8-)

Let me know... and stay tuned for pics!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

Post subject: Re: FS: Spector Euro-5LX
PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 5:13 pm 

Pics as promised!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 5:28 pm 

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH. MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION...
Seriously now, beatiful looking bass, and based on my experience with my 4 string Euro, I imagine super comfortable to play and killer sound! Were it not for that Hilton 5 string I just ordered....

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:12 pm 

This is a killer bass. I sunk almost $400 in electronics in it. It is worth well over what Chris is asking for it. Neck is perfect and I know for a fact Chris spent a lot of time setting it up to perfection. Someone is going to happy.....

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 10:06 pm 

This was a great bass. It's got some of the prettiest maple of any I have seen. It's been thru some board members but don't let that resist ya. I loved this bass. Just have too many Spector's and had to sell it and some others to pay off some outstanding bills.... I think FrenchyLefty was interested in this bass thinking I still had it.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2012, 12:11 am 

It is Indeed a beautiful piece of Maple; one of the nicest grain patterns I've ever seen! Sounds great too... very "alive". What a great price for a good looking and sounding bass! Damn!... I've got to rich Quick!... so I can buy every bass you all post here, and have a big house and soundroom to house them all in! Time to start trolling the beaches of Waikiki for that rich widow..... :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: May 15th, 2012, 6:52 am 

Cool, thanks guys!

Yeah... definitely a killer sounding bass. That video clip I posted was taken on an iPhone, so you can imagine how much better it sounds in person. If I have time I might try some different audio clips too... but I think that video speaks for itself.

And, honestly... I picked it up and played it for a while last night and... man, it is set up as well, if not better than my Zon or my Mike Lull. It really does play beautifully and sounds/looks just as good.

But... unfortunately, my weekend warrior duties require a different amp setup, so I really need to move something.

$1200 for this bass with those electronics and a brand-new Spector case is a steal... let me know if there's any interest!

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 7:46 am 

I really need to move this... lots of gigs coming up this Summer, and I need a new cab before I need an unplayed backup right now.

I'll drop it to $1100 shipped/insured to lower 48 with mint Spector case and over $500 in upgraded electronics, gold knobs, and gold Dunlop straplocks.

I'm putting it on eBay for $1350 OBO to help cover eBay fees tonight, but the $1100 offer stands for the good people of this forum until it sells. If I list it and you want it, let me know and I'll pull the listing immediately.

:)

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 5:01 pm 

Up on the eBay!

$1299 + shipping BIN, OBO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... CA:US:1123

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 11:57 pm 

Geez, where were you a month ago before I bought my SR5? :?

Beautiful bass, good luck w the sale!

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 11:36 pm 

PM to you!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 10:14 am 

Replied!!

:)

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 10:20 am 

Ok, just for a couple of days I'm going to do a special "Keep Me From Shipping This Bass to Russia Sale". :lol:

I'm going to drop this bass to $1000 shipped and insured to lower 48!!!

Once again, you are getting a used but fantastic sounding and playing bass... brand new Bartolini electronics, a brand new Spector case, gold knobs and gold Dunlop straplocks to match the hardware.

FINAL OFFER on this... if nobody here snatches it up by Friday, I'm either keeping it or shipping it out of the country.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 10:24 am 

Would you know the weight of it?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 10:58 am 

Off the top of my head, it's about 10.5, which is in the "slightly-lighter-than-average-weight" category for these basses. I've never heard of any Euro-5LX basses coming in at under 10, and I've heard of several pushing the 12-13 lbs mark.

I can tell you, however, that about 1.3 lbs of that weight comes from the "old style" solid brass bridge that's on it. The current bridges they use are a brass and zinc alloy that supposedly retain the tone but are much lighter. Although heavier than the newer bridges, the solid brass bridges are actually coveted in the Spector community and are sought after by some people because they say they have better tonal properties.

So, switching out the bridge and the tuners for some Hipshot Ultralights could literally shave a full pound or more off the weight of this bass, if weight was an issue for you.

Personally, all of my basses are in the 9.5 range, and I never really noticed a difference between this bass and the rest once it was strapped on.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2012, 10:00 am 

SOLD PENDING FUNDS!

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 9:21 pm 

Still on eBay ?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:48 am 

Ummm... no?

I took it down yesterday early afternoon after I received the money.

:?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:51 am 

Oh, by the way... the bass is officially sold, so this thread can be moved.

Shipped yesterday.