LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 30th, 2024, 11:59 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Fender Jazz Bass75 NOS Custom Shop Master Built NEW
PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 4:23 pm 

I already replied in private message to the seller since he pm'd me to tell me I was wrong...

As gravesbass stated, that price list is MSRP. Most reputable Fender dealers In the US will do about 30% off those prices. Some can go as high as 35% depending on their volume.

I received a quote for a master built 5 string "70's style" jazz bass and it was $5500 delivered. It was basically a Marcus Miller with passive electronics.

Anyway, it's a known fact that Europe gets nailed for custom shop instruments and they pay a much higher price than we do in the states.

I meant no disrespect... Just starting a fact. At that price, that bass will be impossible to sell in the US market.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 4:40 pm 

Addison wrote:
I already replied in private message to the seller since he pm'd me to tell me I was wrong...

As gravesbass stated, that price list is MSRP. Most reputable Fender dealers In the US will do about 30% off those prices. Some can go as high as 35% depending on their volume.

I received a quote for a master built 5 string "70's style" jazz bass and it was $5500 delivered. It was basically a Marcus Miller with passive electronics.

Anyway, it's a known fact that Europe gets nailed for custom shop instruments and they pay a much higher price than we do in the states.

I meant no disrespect... Just starting a fact. At that price, that bass will be impossible to sell in the US market.

Hi,
I put these bass less than 5500$( your special price and american price ), exact with shipping cost 4800$, these its not the same price as you say in your post reply. And im from europe and as you say its more expensive, tax fee, shipping cost etc...
If you want a master built you must to wait 9 month or 12.
Its NEW
and yes i put the bass on sale for europe, but not close EEUU customers.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 4:57 pm 

It's nearly impossible to sell a Bass back to the states.

I had the problem when I have offered my Fodera Imperial - in the end a friend from belgium bought it (gravesbass and some other guys here do know him as well ;) :lol: ) and he loves it. But eventhough I have sold the Bass within europe I had lost a big bunch of money. Going even more down with the price to offset the change between euro and dollar comes to a price where it REALLY hurts and you will have a lost of more than 50%

The price for the Masterbuilt Jazz Bass here seems to be ok for me since it's brand new and I don't know how much leeway the dealers have with the prices quoted by Fender (customs etc. are also sth. you have to add on a price that you have to pay here for a new Bass from the states) - I see that the prices here in germany (I guess it's the same in rest europe) are the result of just taking the US dollar price and just change the dollar to an euro.

This is very unfair and I try to order everything I can from the US (like pedals, strings, cables, etc...)

Another example new Music Man basses are sth. (I'm not an expert but I try to remember what I was told by a friend of mine who has ordered 4 Music Mans directly from the states) 1500-2000,- dollars (?) and all this basses would have a new sale price here of 1800-2500 euros...

Last edited by Jules1 on March 13th, 2012, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 5:01 pm 

I'm not going to argue about it catanha76... It's your bass.

You can sell it for whatever you want.

Good luck with your sale!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 3:33 pm 

At that price would you go with the Fender or a Sadowsky Vintage 4 at € 3,800??

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 4:14 am 

I would always go with a Fender -

a good Fender sounds great passive (the Sadowsky doesn't ;) ) and played through the Sadowsky Preamp the Fender sounds better than the Sadowsky ;)

but that's all personal taste ;)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 6:05 am 

slybass3000 wrote:
At that price would you go with the Fender or a Sadowsky Vintage 4 at € 3,800??

Both :).

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm 

Jules1 wrote:
I see that the prices here in germany (I guess it's the same in rest europe) are the result of just taking the US dollar price and just change the dollar to an euro.

I can confirm that ... for example, new Am Std P : about 1240 $ in the US, here in EU 1240 EU.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 6:14 am 

NEW price 3000 euros plus shipping

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2