LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 14th, 2024, 4:46 pm

Post subject: Re: 1999 Rickenbacker 4004 CII Mapleglo
PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 9:38 pm 

AzWhoFan wrote:
Ya, I lived on the very outskirts of the Beaches, and even way back then it was outrageous. Is the Chinese restaurant Goofs' still there?

Haha! Goofs! The good ol' Garden Gate restaurant. Yep, it's still there. My father in-law lives just down the street on Neville Park. Some things never change.

Attachments:
goof.jpg
goof.jpg [ 48.31 KiB | Viewed 7065 times ]

http://whitecowbell.com
http://www.facebook.com/southpawl.jones
http://goo.gl/rMTPk
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 7:50 am 

Awesome. A true Toronto institution. For those who may be wondering why it's called Goof's, it's because the only letter's that are lit up are G-O-O-F. They burned out decades ago and the then owner refused to get them repaired, hence the locals started calling it by it's current monicker.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 6:05 pm 

Shipped today! Here is some eye candy for while you are waiting:
I hope you enjoy the bass, and I hope to see it in one of your band videos!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 11:15 am 

Hi folks. I'm brand new here, and although I'm not a leftie (yeah, I know, BOO!) I'm intrigued by the leftie Rick Cii with the quilted top. FishDDS, Is there any way I can get a copy of your outdoor shots of that bass for use in my forthcoming book, "Rickenbacker Basses - 50+ Years As Rock's Bottom"? That particular version of the 4004Cii is very rare, and I don't have good photos to document it. Your's would really be of help. You can contact me here, or through the book's website at http://www.rocks-bottom.com.

For the rest of you leftie Rick enthusiasts, there are plenty of LH models illustrated in the book. I hope the book will be published in 2012, and am in negotiations with Hal Leonard/Backbeat Books to make that happen. The website provides sneak-peek samples of many of the chapters in the book. When finished, it will likely be 128 pages or more.

Thanks, folks!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 1:06 pm 

PaulBoyer wrote:
Hi folks. I'm brand new here, and although I'm not a leftie (yeah, I know, BOO!)

Anyone got some feathers? I'll bring the tar. :D

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 1:52 pm 

Got a pic of a lefty 4001CS? I think they're quite rare.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 2:04 pm 

PaulBoyer wrote:
Hi folks. I'm brand new here, and although I'm not a leftie (yeah, I know, BOO!) I'm intrigued by the leftie Rick Cii with the quilted top. FishDDS, Is there any way I can get a copy of your outdoor shots of that bass for use in my forthcoming book, "Rickenbacker Basses - 50+ Years As Rock's Bottom"? That particular version of the 4004Cii is very rare, and I don't have good photos to document it. Your's would really be of help. You can contact me here, or through the book's website at http://www.rocks-bottom.com.

For the rest of you leftie Rick enthusiasts, there are plenty of LH models illustrated in the book. I hope the book will be published in 2012, and am in negotiations with Hal Leonard/Backbeat Books to make that happen. The website provides sneak-peek samples of many of the chapters in the book. When finished, it will likely be 128 pages or more.

Thanks, folks!

Whilst i love the concept of your book, and I'll be one of the first to buy it, I think it should be renamed "Rickenbacker Basses - 5+ Years At Rock's Bottom for Lefties" :lol:

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 3:41 pm 

AustinLeftyBass wrote:
Got a pic of a lefty 4001CS? I think they're quite rare.

You know, Ron, I don't believe I have a shot of yours. I could sure use one to fill out the CS chapter a bit. There's not much in that chapter as there is little variation among them (yeah, I know the different headstock size, pickup surround, etc.).

Thanks!

Paul

PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 9:59 am 

What do you need pic-wise(resolution, size, format)?

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 9:14 am 

Stocking stuffer?

www.rocks-bottom.com/poster.html

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 7:28 am 

PaulBoyer wrote:

Thanks, folks!

Yes, you're welcome to the photos. I will send them to your contact email from the book website. I just need to do that from my home computer where the photos are stored.