LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 4th, 2024, 3:19 pm

Post subject: Fender American Standard Jazz 2008
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 5:52 pm 

I have a NOS New Old Stock Fender American Standard I received in early June. It was NOS from Sweetwatrer. I have a connection there and was able to get this art a discount price. It is new has all the tools, strap, sticker and tagsā€¦.. all the case candy that was included unopened. I purchased from WD a black (b/w/b) pickguard that looks great on the bass. I never even peeled the plastic off the guard yet. Its been sitting idle because I ordered a Warmoth fretless neck for it. Short story, I received the neck and the fingerboard was incorrect. I just mailed the neck back to Warwmoth for a full refund. I have now moved on from this project and just need to get some money back from this.

Year: 2008 (I know the serial number is E7 but I confirmed with Fender on the dating and it was built Fed 23, 2008). I will also include that email.
Color: Black
Weight: approx 9lbs. It feels a hair lighter to me.
Pickups: Fender USA Pickups
Fender Mass Bridge
Rosewood Fingerboard
Maple Neck
Hipshot Fender Tuners 20:1 Turning Ratio (these are KILLER)
WD Black Pickguard (also will include the original white still new with sticker and clear protectant)
SKB Style Fender Case with TSA Latches
** I rewired the tone pot reversed righty so the tone "works". Fender wires lefty and the pots dont work true lefty. This is a must for any Fender bass and tone knob now works perfectly tapered.

The unique thing about this bass that sets it different from other Fenders I have seen is the fingerboard. Its a strange piece or Rosewood but in a good way. Its more on the brown side with black streaks. You can see it more clearly in the light. Everything on this bass is mint with only an hour playtime. The only defect (if you would call it that) is a small smudge on the bridge base. It was a small piece of dirt I picked off with my fingernail and the silver chipped. Its very small and not really an issue but mentioning everything. If you look at the bridge pic, you can see it. A silver pen would cover it up with a dot. Its right by the G string string thru hole. I also installed Dunlop Straplocks but will be putting the original strap buttons back on that came with the bass.

$900 Shipped to Lower48/USA Only... Not looking for any trades at the moment unless you have a Warwick Thumb NT bass.

Post subject: Re: Fender American Standard Jazz 2008
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 5:55 pm 

a few pics

Attachments:
P1060560.jpg
P1060560.jpg [ 201.87 KiB | Viewed 6373 times ]
P1060561.jpg
P1060561.jpg [ 163.47 KiB | Viewed 6372 times ]
P1060565.jpg
P1060565.jpg [ 237.47 KiB | Viewed 6372 times ]
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 10:07 am 

Beautiful.

I wish I needed a J, because this was built on my birthday. :)

So this was your fretless project. Dang, sorry to hear about the Warmoth screw up, gravesbass. :(

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 10:36 am 

Yea, I wanted this to be a custom Tony Franklin lefty with J specs (body and neck). I was going to rout the front for a USA-P pup and get a new pickguard made. A Warmoth Jet Black fretless neck and this bass would have been sick! They don't make the TF in a lefty so I was gonna do it myself. Anyways, I was disappointed int eh quality of the fretless neck and sent it back for refund. I have given up on this project and moved to something else. This bass needs to get sold. I will post for a little more eBay to move but if someone is interested, snag it fast. Once its up, I wont pull the listing. Thanks!

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 10:57 am 

Amazing what the color of the pickguard does to a bass. . . I hate black basses with white pickguards, but LOVE black bass with black pickguards, whether the board is rosewood or maple. . .

Hot, hot. . . and great price, too.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 11:34 am 

Guys, if your interested, don't hesitate. I am very close to putting her up on the bay. I need the finding back now and soon. You wont be disappointed. The black pickguard will look much better once the plastic protectant is removed.

Cheers!

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a P-Bass guy 99 days out of 100, but I'd scoop this up is I had the funds. I'm with Carlos, black Fender bass with black pickguard is HOT.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2011, 3:47 am 

interesting price for sure, at least in us market.

last year i had the chance to try a lefty 3t sunburst am std jazz and i wasn't impressed at all ... definitely i have mixed feelings toward recent fender production ... every time i see someone ELSE playing a new fender (both p or j) i find myself thinking "yeah i should get one", but everytime i try one i feel like it doesn't worth the money ... yes maybe it's simply that i can't play ... :lol:

PostPosted: July 24th, 2011, 11:29 am 

Up on the bay.... this is a smokin' price guys. its really a new bass although since it has an hour play its called used. Still has that new smell.

Wish it went to someone here but you know how that goes...... I always offer here first. Cheers! :D

PostPosted: July 25th, 2011, 12:19 pm 

How do you have this bass listed on EB? Could not find it today.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2011, 12:50 pm 

<How do you have this bass listed on EB? Could not find it today>

Standard search for lefty bass or left handed bass would have found it.... This bass is SOLD!!