LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 2:09 am

Post subject: Warwick Streamer LX 4 ?
PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 9:24 am 

Testing the waters- thought you guys could help me gauge interest level in whether I should offer this up for sale and what the market price is on it:

Warwick Streamer LX 4; Like new condition, flame top, trans red oil finish, maple body, ovangkol neck, wenge fingerboard. Comes with original Warwick gigbag. Price: ??? I'm thinking in the $999 range would be a sweet deal? (Near identical bass sold on Arni's site for 750 euro in 2008... )

Attachments:
warwicklx.jpg
warwicklx.jpg [ 230.77 KiB | Viewed 7271 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Warwick Streamer LX 4 ?
PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 10:48 am 

I think 1000 on this is a sweet deal, you could probably even make it 1500 and it still be a good deal

Beautiful bass

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 12:33 pm 

blankrider wrote:
I think 1000 on this is a sweet deal, you could probably even make it 1500 and it still be a good deal

Beautiful bass

Thanks for the feedback blankrider! I can't find my my Blue Book or records of what I paid for it (yet another side effect of moving :roll: ), and I haven't found much reference points in terms of resale history. It is a beauty and a great bass for sure. When I got it I already had an older Fortress (see below) that I just love the neck on. I was anticipating the Streamer having the same sort of back of neck radius, which turned out not to be the case-- so I've never really put in the time to get used to it.

Attachments:
Warwick Fortress...jpg
Warwick Fortress...jpg [ 190.86 KiB | Viewed 7218 times ]

Last edited by Carmine on March 24th, 2011, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 12:40 pm 

PM sent ;)

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 1:42 pm 

Lefty007 wrote:
PM sent ;)

Carmine, please let me have your e-mail address - my PM messages get stuck in the outbox and won't go through.

M e-mail is kakoguzman@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Warwick Streamer LX 4
PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 2:45 pm 

Hey guys- this was headed for Lefty007- but unfortunately he just had to pull out due to a prior order commitment that he couldn't cancel- so I'm extending the offer of the $999 price to all the board members before I put this up on Ebay for a few hundred more. If anyone here is interested let me know asap. Payment plans are available :)...

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 4:21 pm 

Carmine wrote:
Thanks for the feedback blankrider! I can't find my my Blue Book or records of what I paid for it (yet another side effect of moving :roll: ), and I haven't found much reference points in terms of resale history. It is a beauty and a great bass for sure. When I got it I already had an older Fortress (see below) that I just love the neck on. I was anticipating the Streamer having the same sort of back of neck radius, which turned out not to be the case-- so I've never really put in the time to get used to it.

That is a beauty.

What is it specifically you don't like about the neck radius? Is it more in line with Warwick's thicker "baseball bat" neck profile? (which I thought I had heard was specific only to their ovankol necks).

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 5:04 pm 

Define payment plans? Send me a pm :P

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 5:20 pm 

blankrider wrote:
Define payment plans? Send me a pm :P

PM sent...

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 5:29 pm 

pjmuck wrote:
Carmine wrote:

That is a beauty.

What is it specifically you don't like about the neck radius? Is it more in line with Warwick's thicker "baseball bat" neck profile? (which I thought I had heard was specific only to their ovankol necks).

I wouldn't really say it's thick- but I'd say the back is more rounded like a bat, which is definitely different from the Fortress- not necessarily better or worse, just different. So I think it kinda threw me a bit, and I got 2 or 3 other basses at around that same time so I'm kind of embarrased to admit that I just never got around to going back to it. I'm trying really hard to avoid it now because I'm sure that if I start playing it I'll get into it, and then I'm going to want to keep it, and.....well we all know my issues there, don't we? ... But the longer it's here staring back at me, the more the temptation grows...

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 1:31 pm 

Just wanted to halt all the PMs I'm getting on this, It has been sold as of yesterday...

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Lefty007 wrote:
my PM messages get stuck in the outbox and won't go through.

This confusion has come up before. PM's aren't getting stuck in your outbox. Your outbox is showing you messages that have not been opened or read by the recipient yet. Until the person you sent the message to opens the message, it'll sit in your outbox. It's a handy feature because if you're ever wondering if someone has seen a PM you've sent them, the outbox will tell you if it's been opened or not.