LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:46 am

Post subject: Fender Precision Bass, 2008, Excellent+ w/hardcase
PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 1:26 pm 

Okay, I'm on a roll this week. :mrgreen: I think I'm getting ready to order a bass that I have been dreaming about for a few years (a Lull P5) so I have to raise some funds. This is by far the sweetest Fender P-Bass I have ever owned.

2008, super light (8.4 lb if I remember correctly), super resonant, perfect fretwork, action as low as you could possibly want (you could do a bass rendition of Eddie Van Halen's "Eruption" with only your pinkies), it's been sporadically played for about 2 years, but I don't see any scratches or marks. Has had TI flats 99% of it's life, so frets are as new. Did I mention the fretwork is perfect?

Comes with original case candy and a late-1990s Fender P-Bass Tolex hardcase in excellent condition. Really nice and plush G&G / Fender that costs about $180 new, much nicer and better than the current plastic TSA cases, IMHO. As I mentioned, it has TI installed ($50), and Dunlop Straplocks ($15).

I'm asking $895, plus actual shipping. Paypal "instant transfer from bank account" or eCheck okay, and money order okay, too. Please contact me for shipping outside the US. I will gladly ship to Canada, Europe and most of the world.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Fender Precision Bass, 2008, Excellent+ w/hardcase
PostPosted: February 25th, 2011, 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Great looking bass!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2011, 2:35 am 

precision + TI flats + sunburst = heaven

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 8:50 pm 

This is still for sale, my fellow lefty. Come get it. You won't find a nicer P-Bass anywhere in the universe at any price. Those '70s P-Basses are too heavy and who knows in what shape those necks are - I know you are itching to get one to look all cool a groovy (like that's going to help you play "the funk" any better), but you know that when you realize it's a dog, it'll be back on eBay in a few months: "All-original 1978 Fender P-Bass for sale. It's in "great shape" for a 30-year old bass. . . "

And those Hot-Rod P-Basses: heavy, and usually have rough fretwork. And who needs that bridge J pickup anyway? It messes up the whole look, not to mention the sound. Sure those colors are pretty, but the overall playability and sound can't match post-2008 P-Basses. . .

Come get the real butter. I'll lower the price $50 to get somebody motivated. Still not in a rush to sell, though, just reminding you that here is a life-changing P-Bass waiting to improve your sex life (chicks definitely dig sunburst P-Basses more than any other basses). Feel the vibrations emanating from this super-resonant alder body in your beer gut and get inspired. Feel the punch and clarity from these newer Fender pickups that hit you harder than a Tomahawk missile hitting Gaddafi's compound. The sound guy will be your friend forever and will name his children after you. Be free, play and display your new 2008 P-Bass around the house. Play it in front of your wife: she will fall in love with you all over again, and won't even ask you if that's a new bass you got, unlike the $4000 6-string, quilted top bass you've been storing in your closet and playing only after 10:00 p.m. when everybody's asleep.

Be cool. Buy my P-Bass.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 9:06 pm 

Quote:
just reminding you that here is a life-changing P-Bass waiting to improve your sex life

huh! Really? :shock:

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 2:34 am 

Another great description of a cool bass! If I had disposable income ( unfortunately I've already disposed of this month's allotment) I'd be buying this just for how much more of a Bass-God (n my own mind, of course) this axe would make of me! 8-)