LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 2:42 am

Post subject: MusicMan Fretless 4 String
PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 1:38 am 

So a month or so ago I bought this on eBay. I wanted to get back into fretless and I thought it would be a great place to start with a 4 string. I got the bass from the seller who said he was from Chicago but it shipped from Mississippi. I think guys down there don’t like it known because a lot of things were damaged by Katrina I assume. Anyway I got the bass and it has some slight pitting on some of the chrome but it’s hard to see it really. There is some oxidation on the ends of the tuning pegs but everything works perfectly. The truss rod turns freely and pots work perfectly. I had to take the bridge apart to clean it and oil everything. The original Pickup from that time has the exposed pole pieces that stick up to accommodate the radius of the neck as normal but back then the pole pieces were sharp like a knife :cry: and I like to play right over the pickup. So I still have the original pickup but I did install a brand new Seymour Duncan because the pole pieces are smooth just like the newer MusicMan pickups and they are supposed to sound as much like the original as possible just having enhanced lower and upper end. Well it kills man it sounds amazing and I have a new set of DR sunbeams on it because I like the growl behind my mwwaaahhh. There is a hard shell case that’s not original I think but in great condition and also I saved the La Bella black tape wound strings that were on it and I will ship everything. The bass, the original pickup, the box and goodies from the new Seymour Duncan, and the used tape wounds. Yes I added the thumb rest as well..

I am asking $875 plus actual shipping. I prefer to ship to the lower con but will consider something else if arrangements are made.

I am going to post this on eBay in less than a week but I thought I would start here first...Oh by the way its normal weight for a MusicMan its heavy so please that’s what it is and that’s how it is intended to be. If you want a light MusicMan I'm not sure what to tell you :P . Sound clips and all that stuff well it’s like this…It sounds like a killer fretless MusicMan the end. I don’t mean to be a turd but I just would rather snip the entire tire kicking thing in the bud. Those guys never buy anything anyway they just waist time. So anything serious I would be glad to answer or send bigger or different photos of if it’s from serious inquiry. Thanks and I hope you understand my ranting at the end (if you been there than I’m sure you do I just said it because it had to be). ;)

Attachments:
P1020197.JPG
P1020197.JPG [ 95.75 KiB | Viewed 4655 times ]
P1020198.JPG
P1020198.JPG [ 72.23 KiB | Viewed 4656 times ]
P1020210.JPG
P1020210.JPG [ 76.59 KiB | Viewed 4655 times ]

Last edited by thumbslam on February 6th, 2011, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: MusicMan Fretless 4 String
PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 1:43 am 

Mo pics

Attachments:
P1020212.JPG
P1020212.JPG [ 110.99 KiB | Viewed 4650 times ]
P1020203.JPG
P1020203.JPG [ 85.59 KiB | Viewed 4647 times ]
P1020205.JPG
P1020205.JPG [ 90.8 KiB | Viewed 4644 times ]
PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 1:45 am 

Few mo...Oh yeh why am I selling it??? I am a 5 string guy at heart. I ordered a G&L 5 string (L2500) ash body with a blackburst finish. Lined fretless ebony board, and matching headstock. Got to wait 10 to 14 long ass weeks till she comes...So in the mean time I got to let a few go and this is the first as i won't need 2 fretless basses :(

Attachments:
P1020206.JPG
P1020206.JPG [ 78.9 KiB | Viewed 4639 times ]
P1020201.JPG
P1020201.JPG [ 95.54 KiB | Viewed 4637 times ]
P1020207.JPG
P1020207.JPG [ 75.58 KiB | Viewed 4635 times ]
PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm 

PM sent

PostPosted: February 12th, 2011, 11:06 pm 

This bass is sold as of this after noon along with my Tobias. The new guy who PM'd me on this thread met me today at the Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting and bought two of my prized basses. I have to buy a family piano for the house that's the reason for the fire sale of basses and I have 2 more coming shortly.

But anyway I just wanted to mention Botomline23 was one of the nicest most respectful good people I have met ever through the internet. I just have to say I have met some of the best people ever from leftybassist and I need to than Andrew for this sight. If it ever pops up an opportunity to deal with bottmline23 do not hesitate and know you are dealing with a great guy and great player by the way. Thanks guys I am really grateful this place is here.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 10:35 am 

Hopefully, the “better late than never” saying is acceptable here. I’ve never taken the time to really browse thoroughly thru this section. But in scrolling thru now, I found the listing that I was lucky enough to be the recipient of.

As most of you already know, Thumbslam is very honest, straightforward and just a cool dude. To boot, he’s also very knowledgeable and caring of his prized possessions. The MM and Tobias basses look and play as great as they sound. To date, only the Tobias has made it out of the house to church. On the first note, the other musicians turned their heads and smiled with approval. By the end of the service, members who don’t play any instruments walked up knowing that something was different and better. That bass sings wonderfully!

Thumbslam, thanks for the kind words and a very smooth transaction. Much appreciated!!!