LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:18 pm

Post subject: Carvin B5 with case, HB+J99A Pickups
PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 3:58 pm 

I have a left-handed Carvin B5 for sale. Bass is in great condition. It has been played, but there are no nicks or scratches to speak of, and the frets have just very slight marks of wear. I treat my basses with great care. Comes with original tweed case in as-new condition - never left the house. The only imperfection to disclose is that I have changed the neck pickup a few times, so there are signs of re soldering in the preamp, but nothing ugly or worth disclosing further.

Body is swamp ash, maple neck, and ebony board. This bass is resonant and featherlight at just around 8.5 lb. Balances perfectly.

Electronics are fully functional. Has a new J99A pickup in the neck. Toggle switch splits the bridge humbucker, allowing to get a Jazz-bass type sound, and it is humcanceling when both pickups are full on and the toggle is in single position. The humbucker by itself is, well, hum-free by nature. 3-band active EQ with passive bypass (pull up volume knob). These pickups are very alive, punchy and clear. 22 frets, 34" scale, and 17-mm string spacing at the bridge.

Neck is as straight as you want it, and action as low as you want it. Plays flawlessly. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm ordering another fancier Carvin.

Price is $399 plus actual shipping via FedEx ground. Please PM me with your zip code for shipping quotes. I will also ship internationally. Please PM me with your city and country.

Paypal accepted from verified members and when shipping to a confirmed address.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Carvin B5 with case, HB+J99A Pickups
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:51 am 

On hold, pending payment. :)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 7:06 pm 

Thanks to bassjunkie, this has been sold and on its way to Ireland. Good travels, my dear B5. You served me well. :)

PostPosted: December 13th, 2010, 2:43 pm 

Major props to Carlos for this deal. Arrived safe and sound and was excellently packed. Its a fantastic bass. I wish i had the $$ to buy his Warwick too. Somebody gotta buy it!