LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:15 am

Post subject: Spector Euro Quilt (Aguilar OBP3 PreAmp)
PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 11:32 am 

Again another one of my prized basses. In absolutely perfect killer condition like new. (With all the strings) Kicking around the idea of selling this guy as well but not 100% sure. I have sold so many basses that I loved I'm getting a little more attached these days. So it has a hard shell (non Spector) but good Gator case. Please I need $$ or possible other 5 string = bass. I am not into trading for a set of golf clubs and bass boat with a hole in it if you know what I mean. Thanks.

Attachments:
P1010527.JPG
P1010527.JPG [ 189.57 KiB | Viewed 7441 times ]
P1010524.JPG
P1010524.JPG [ 177.91 KiB | Viewed 7441 times ]
P1010522.JPG
P1010522.JPG [ 175.78 KiB | Viewed 7440 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Spector Euro Quilt (Aguilar OBP3 PreAmp)
PostPosted: October 17th, 2010, 9:04 pm 

Asking price?

Thanks. :-)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2010, 9:39 pm 

Well specs are available on Spector sight so I won’t bore you with that…the only thing I can say is there isn’t a mark on it anywhere that I can find and it doesn’t smell like smoke. It is in absolutely new condition. The TonePump removed and Aguilar installed by a good friend of mine who is like a surgeon with a soldering gun. I know what I’m good at and what I’m not!

The preamp was new and prewired from Best Bass Gear in NH by Brian and Noble pots were used which work perfectly left handed. The preamp is wired Volume, Volume, and stacked bass / treble, and mid knob that has the push pull. I’m asking $1,200 plus actual shipping to anywhere in the lower continental USA. I would do my brothers up north too and adjust value so you don’t get raped from VAT.

Yeh I know there are some that go cheaper but this isn’t a fire sale and it’s dead mint and upgraded preamp and the Gator case is brand new. There are no issues I just need money for my new Warrior almost completed. Yes it’s a little heavy it’s a Spector but solid as a tank. Almost impossible to get quilt anymore I might add just call and ask a dealer…Matte finish is more natural and open sounding in my opinion. I have owned 4 Spectors…The quilt looks killer inside the quilt in the wood got sort of washed out in the direct sunlight in my pics..looks sort of like shark skin.

$1,250.00 get's it shipped in a brand new condition Spector case. Sorry to roll like that but my Warwick Streamer ll jumped in the Spector case and won't come out!!! :D

Going to put on the bay in a couple days when I have the energy but I will start higher there for sure. EBay is as bad as Wall Street :shock:

PostPosted: October 17th, 2010, 10:04 pm 

Few more for gasssss

Attachments:
P1010512.JPG
P1010512.JPG [ 213.36 KiB | Viewed 7315 times ]
P1010515.JPG
P1010515.JPG [ 219.35 KiB | Viewed 7316 times ]
P1010517.JPG
P1010517.JPG [ 242.12 KiB | Viewed 7314 times ]
PostPosted: October 17th, 2010, 10:05 pm 

Better shot of quilt

Attachments:
P1030401.jpg
P1030401.jpg [ 240.12 KiB | Viewed 7308 times ]
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 9:34 am 

Hi Thumbslam,

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great bass. Do you know the weight and neck dimensions? I tried to find the specs for the neck on these beasts but haven't had any luck yet. Is it 35" scale? Symmetrical profile? Width and radius?

Any idea how it compares to a Roscoe LG3005? I'm thinking of buying my old Roscoe back as an option too.

Thanks.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 12:11 pm 

If you don't buy back your old Roscoe, be sure to have the seller post his info here on the board so I can scoop it up.... :D

PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 8:58 pm 

Actual weight is 9 LB. 14 Oz under 10 Lb. is good for a Euro 5 string. I have owned 3 and this guy is in the middle. I think Gravesbass has one almost 11 LB. Gold hardware is pretty but adds substantial weight.

Ok so at the nut is 1” and 13/16th to be exact and 2” 3/4th at the 24th fret. The neck of a Spector is “C” shaped almost perfectly and is not thin and not as big as some Warwicks I have owned. But I guess in the grand scheme of things I would have to say it’s got some meat to it but not way overboard. This means stability and big thick tone. It just doesn’t move it’s like a piece of iron.

I am scratching my head over the Roscoe or Spector thing only because they are totally different basses and tone and feel. I have only owned one Roscoe and only played one other but they were more in the category of the MTD’s, Pedulla, type of basses that are cleaner and more open sounding. Lending them to more jazz, fusion, R&B, groove mixes. To me the Spector is not just a single tone beast but it’s not meant to sneak up you, it will run up steel your beer and kick you in the ass take your girlfriend type of thing. But I might add this Spector has the matte finish which I LOVE!!! The neck feels sooo smooth like butter and never sticky. The matte finish to me helps this Spector get a little more open and woodsy sounding so it’s more versatile and less harsh. I got the Aggie in it so that creams it out a little more too.

I don’t know the exact radius of the board but it’s got some curve on it not flat by any stretch. The bass is 35” but for me the Spector bass at 35” is comfortable because the bridge is almost to the end of the body so it “pulls” the neck in further than some or most all other 35” scale basses. The reach seems as comfortable to me as 34” basses. I have seen Spectors used in all styles of music but for a rock band they are among the top 3 or 4 basses for anything rock as far as I’m concerned and this even a little more broad due to the preamp and the finish... Look the bass is badass and them more I go on the Spector sight and think about it the less I want to move it. :(

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 5:08 am 

This is a beauty...well, almost all Spectors are beauties, but this is like a butchers axe of basses. Pure good-lookin` evil.
If I had been close by, I`d be at your doorstep in a minute.

Warwick Vampyre SN 5 -03
Spector Euro LX 5
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Fretless 5str.
Yamaha RBX 350 -96
Coxx J60 J-bass

Ashdown MAG 600
2 x Warwick 411

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 7:05 am 

Drool, wipe, drool. Too bad I'm in Japan but then again, I don't have the $ at the moment but I think it's a good deal. Sniff ;(

Warwick b/o Thumb 5/Corvette 5F, Steinberger XL25WL/XL2FL, Ibanez 645/505/506, Tune BassManiac 5, Aria IGB68-5, Hohner B2VA, MM Sterling, Squier VMJ, FauxFender Dinky J, GB Shuttle 3.10T, GK MB200 & 500, Nemesis 410 cab, Korg G5.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 12:12 am 

SOLD !!!!