LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 6th, 2024, 3:20 am

Post subject: Fender Jazz MIJ 1986 w/ original case - NOS Condition
PostPosted: October 14th, 2010, 7:27 pm 

I have a 1986 MIJ Jazz for sale. It's in NOS condition (New Old Stock, as in basically unplayed).

It seems that the previous owner bought it and stored it for 24 years. Even the pickguard is free of any signs of wear. It's set up with new strings, the neck is straight as an arrow, and the action can be set up quite low (which is not always the case with these '62 RIs). In the pictures you can see how nicely it has aged (neck plate photo). The saddles of the bridge are the solid, one-groove type, not the vintage type found on most older MIJs. This bass it's not so light as most MIJs (just over 9 lb, but perfectly balanced), which makes me think the body is alder, not basswood, if that matters to you. It sounds and feels like 1 million dollars.

I got this because I have a weakness for olympic white Jazz basses, but I already have a great Jazz, and I'd rather use the funds towards getting my dream 5-string.

I know MIJs usually change hands on eBay for around $500, but this one it's pretty special (condition, neck perfectly straight, alder body, and early production year), not to mention the beautiful color. The rosewood grain it's really special too.

I have $650 in it and would like to get the same, plus actual shipping charges. Remember it comes with the original hard case in equal condition.

Some more pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/suenalo/FenderJazzMIJ1986#

Thanks.

Payment and Shipping:

-I accept Paypal from buyers inside the US and Canada (verified members and shipping to a confirmed address). I'm in Miami. Shipping to continental US should be under $50 (Fedex ground). Shipping to Canada is about $100.

-International buyers: Please PM me for a shipping quote. I accept payment via bank wire transfer from buyers outside the US and Canada.

Attachments:
photo(10) low.jpg
photo(10) low.jpg [ 240.44 KiB | Viewed 3593 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Fender Jazz MIJ 1986 w/ original case - NOS Condition
PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 5:50 pm 

This has been sold. Thank you to forum member The George.