LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:25 pm

Post subject: Spector Euro 5
PostPosted: January 18th, 2010, 6:07 pm 

Not really sure I want to part with this bass. It has been really good to me and sounds incredible with the new preamp but I just bought another fretless Spector and a Roland Fantom X6 workstation and need to do some work to my Jetta. I am hemorrhaging money and this could plug the hole for a while anyway. It's not a must but would bring some nice relief. I bought this bass from the best most trustworthy lefty bass player I have ever known and he is a member of this sight and friend. This bass is killer and has no issues to speak of and has been babied. I might change my mind as I’m a little sick to my stomach even thinking of letting go of it but it’s what I do buy and sell basses. I need money and not really interested in any trades as I don’t think there could be a bass in this price range that could impress me like this Spector or my Warwicks I already own. Anyway could work off eBay possibly if I do decide to get a divorce from her. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Attachments:
1111.JPG
1111.JPG [ 74.2 KiB | Viewed 12486 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Spector Euro 5
PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 4:28 pm 

FROM EBAY THIS AFTERNOON ::: O.K. you guys, you got to see this one. I have been selling on eBay for years and have encountered many a moron and scammers but I thought this was precious. I have in my listing that I will not ship out of the country by the way. At least they could learn English a little better.

hello I am very interested in buying this bass from you i just have a few concerns I have looked for quite some time for an affordable left-handed spector bass. See I am in the U.S. Army and am currently in Iraq and we recieve our mail USPS. It is still considered shipping stateside but i was wondering how you handle this type of situation. Also when purchasing the bass I didn't see anything about a deposit down then certain amount of days to send the rest to you through paypal. I have limited access and availability of the internet and was wondering what time line we're looking at. This purchase would mean alot to me but also alot to the soldiers I serve with any entertainment is good.

Thanks,
SGT Powell U.S. Army

That was sent to me through eBay it’s just grand isn’t it????????????

PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 7:29 pm 

I would be a gentleman and just ship it to him for free. He sounds like a great chap right there. :D :twisted:

PostPosted: January 21st, 2010, 11:19 am 

LOL

Yeah, like I told you on the phone when we spoke the other day...

When I had that Modulus listed for $1799 on FleaBay, I actually received an offer for $500. :roll:

I turned it down and replied, "I hope you're joking."

To which he said, "Well, you said to make an offer." :lol:

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 11:27 pm 

Guessing this is not a good time of year to sell anything. This bass is so nice I can't believe I only have had two ridiculous events on eBay. The first one I already mentioned and another one is an offer for $475.00 from a lady outside the country. WTF! I stopped smoking crack years ago! I'm actually trying to raise money for another Spector. I switched from crack to basses. I think crack is cheaper. :shock:

Really this is bass is so nice and upgraded I’m pretty surprised I got nuthin. Oh well keeping it as a good option anyway I might string her up E through C for that whole “I think I’m a killer solo guy” but really I’m not I just like ringy twangy chord things and like to hammer ons like a special-ed Eddie eruption.
:D

PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 4:41 pm 

I`ve been GAS`ing to get a bass similar to the one Webster use in Cannibal Corpse. Sweet thing this one. How is it to play in comparison to 34"?

Warwick Vampyre SN 5 -03
Spector Euro LX 5
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Fretless 5str.
Yamaha RBX 350 -96
Coxx J60 J-bass

Ashdown MAG 600
2 x Warwick 411

PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 11:55 pm 

The difference in-between frets needs to be measured by mm it's such a small amount. So feel of the instrument is affected in many ways more by how high around your neck you have it but most of all it’s the length of the upper horn. This has the biggest effect on how the neck feels in terms of length. In other words if the bridge is back far against the bottom of the bass this pulls the neck into the body then if the upper horn is long this causes the center of gravity to be further out towards the middle of the bass in a sense pulling the whole bass closer into your torso making the neck feel shorter. The 35” causes the B to have a bit more tension and it resonates more clearly giving the solid feeling B instead of the sloppy seconds feel.
Spector basses are balanced extremely well and play easily. Do not let this keep you from buying a 35” bass. I am a huge fan of Warwick and they are 34” and still manage to have a killer B string I think due to the ingenious bridge system. But that is a matter of opinion. 34” is a tad more comfortable to play but if you have a good strap and don’t have it below you nuts like a lot of guys do for their image you will be fine. It’s more of a matter of what each individual bass feels like. Not all 34” or 35” feel the same because of 1 inch. Now I have a Spector Euro fretless 4 strings that I feel is easier for me to intonate better because of the 34” scale but besides a fretless I would not let it deter me either way based on scale alone. 35” works with the 5 string Spector model and I think the bass sounds bigger for it. I don’t know if that clarifies anything for you but I hope you think about it differently. Some say big boned some say chunky but it’s all love. :D

there is another member here with a red 5 string that looks pretty killer and he is across the pond closer to you. Maybe you could work something out with him. Just read carefully I like the older 40DC's from EMG the newer ones are splitable but different pickups. I don't think there are many options for you in terms of preamp changes. Tone-Pump preamps are electronic garbage!! :cry:

PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 3:43 am 

Thanks, senor! It was pretty clarifying. I`m not "afraid" of a 35" at all, just curious on how the feel of it is. I have no idea about the Tonepump-preamp, (its a booster, right?), I usually try to keep EQ-ing as simple as possible (everything on full or flat). My Warwick Vampyre has an imense E- and B-string which really shakes the guts, so a good B-string is always a good sign for a bass in my eyes.

Well, I`ll keep looking, and check this other sale too. Good luck, and let me know if the interest is low and you change your mind. 8-)

Warwick Vampyre SN 5 -03
Spector Euro LX 5
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Fretless 5str.
Yamaha RBX 350 -96
Coxx J60 J-bass

Ashdown MAG 600
2 x Warwick 411

PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 10:21 pm 

Well she didn't move but I did get some really dumb offers from eBay and was entertaining but cost me $16.89 to do it. Anyway no sour grapes hear I am actually happy she didn't sell.
Funny when I want to sell a bass or am getting close to it I'll start playing at home a bunch just to make sure I'm o.k. with the decision and the more I played her and talked to gravesbass about moving it I felt worse and worse. I didn't want to pull it off the bay because I pulled the last one down for a good guy here and did not want to do it 2 times in a row. But anyway there is a Spector Euro on Arnie's sight that has been modded nicely and if you click on his description there is a link to a talkbass forum that has like 10 or so recordings of the mods he had done to the Spector and from the link it was one of the most amazing sounding basses I've heard so I am going to move "blue" in that direction with the Aguilar OBP3 preamp and maybe the S.D. open pole pickups too. So even though I was unable to claim her on my taxes this year she is staying in the stall....

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 6:21 pm 

I think you should keep her and buy a red one too :lol:

PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 5:12 pm 

Blue is for sale again...I have a Volkswagen TDI Jetta "06" that has really been a pain in my ass!! Earlier this week $1,900.00 Timing belt, alternator, water pump, and a battery. I thought I would be good for a while: cry: Then Thursday my trany took a crap on a highway... Some kind of plate and the clutch inside the auto trans is all ground up!!! Well the estimate is $1,800.00 so I got to let some of my girls go. The Spector is just reposted even though I was set on keeping her and also I'm going to put up my Warwick Double $$ 5 string. I'll add that later. I love both these basses but I'm in sales and my car is my office. I sell for one of the two biggest food distributers and I drive and sell to play bass so I have to sell bass to drive. :evil:

PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 6:12 pm 

Total bummer! Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 12:12 am 

thumbslam wrote:
Blue is for sale again...I have a Volkswagen TDI Jetta "06" that has really been a pain in my ass!! Earlier this week $1,900.00 Timing belt, alternator, water pump, and a battery. I thought I would be good for a while: cry: Then Thursday my trany took a crap on a highway... Some kind of plate and the clutch inside the auto trans is all ground up!!! Well the estimate is $1,800.00 so I got to let some of my girls go. The Spector is just reposted even though I was set on keeping her and also I'm going to put up my Warwick Double $$ 5 string. I'll add that later. I love both these basses but I'm in sales and my car is my office. I sell for one of the two biggest food distributers and I drive and sell to play bass so I have to sell bass to drive. :evil:

$3700 in repairs in a week for a 3 year old car?! :shock: Dude, it's that lemon you need to get rid of, not your basses!

PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 12:28 am 

First part was maintenance at least the timing belt and the water pump. The alternator is from all the crap I have plugged into it. Laptop, cell phone, GPS, mobile printer so that was understandable but the trany crap is bogus. I know this is a lefty bass sight and I’m way off course here but don’t buy a 06 Volkswagen is all I have to say. I got to fix it to dump it. This last deal Volks is picking up $750 of the tab as it was supposed to be over $2,400.00 :shock:
With two basses out there for sale whatever one sells first I’ll pull the other. They are both sort of backups for me. The Warwick $$ backs up my Jazzman and blue backs up Mattie fretless and Mattie 5r….I have 6 nice basses all together so I can part with one. I buy and sell them too often. There were some I wish I never left go but at least nice basses hold some decent value. I met a dude with 32 Paul Reed Smith guitars so 6 aint nuttin. But my wife begs to differ. Funny the more basses I get the more confused she is about them and she says now they all look the same. I try to spread the cases out all over the house so it doesn’t look like as many. :roll:

PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 11:14 am 

Wow, man. I feel for you. I love VWs, but they are famous for reliability problems. I guess I don't need to say that you should look into more reliable cars next time, especially if you drive a lot. I'm in the car business (freelance writer), and I have to say Honda and Mazda right now are kings in reliability. Toyota too, but I guess right now nobody wants a Toyota. . .

PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 2:42 pm 

Lefty007 wrote:
I'm in the car business (freelance writer), and I have to say Honda and Mazda right now are kings in reliability. Toyota too, but I guess right now nobody wants a Toyota. . .

Which means it might be a perfect time to buy a Toyota as they come up with incentives to make people forget about the recall. I bought my Corolla used with only 450 miles on it back in '05. It was a Toyota saleman's vehicle. I'm up over 65,000 now. I have never had a more maintenance-free car in my life (knock on wood). Other than a flat tire once, I've never had to do anything other than change the oil and also follow the basic scheduled maintenance which Toyota suggests in their accompanying brochure they supplied with the car/manual. I couldn't be happier. :)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 6:25 am 

Worldwide shipping always brings the best return.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 9:56 am 

AllroyPA wrote:
Worldwide shipping always brings the best return.

I agree that can be helpful to both buyers and sellers from across the pond but it depends on several things. First not all instruments fall into this category. A seller from the U.S. selling a U.S. product works well with us shipping to Europe. The Euro is strong and U.S. products are so high to begin within Europe and if you European buyer wants you to cover shipping ($250 - $300) and VAT (tarrifs or import taxes) which depending on which country can be huge. They will usually ask you to declare the value of the instrument much lower than what is actually is so if something does happen in shipping and well sometimes does you are the one with your neck out.

A good idea sometimes if you have a connection with the buyer and a trust and it's a Fender or G&L or Roscoe. But I'm selling a bass from the Czech Republic and a Warwick from Germany so most likely they can get em cheaper there but it is a good idea for some situations.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2010, 3:46 pm 

SOLD !!!!!