LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:14 am

Post subject: AllParts Jazz neck and Squire Jazz bass body
PostPosted: January 29th, 2011, 6:06 pm 

Does anybody know if an AllParts Jazz bass neck will fit a Fender Squire modified Jazz bass body? The width of the neck at the heel is 2 7/16" but I don't know what the specs of the Squires neck pocket are.
Thanks for any and all help!

Post subject: Re: AllParts Jazz neck and Squire Jazz bass body
PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 3:27 am 

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'll highly recommend the Allparts lefty Jazz bass neck! I am an Allparts dealer, and a bass repairman in Reno. I can honestly say, that in over 40 years of repairing and building basses, the one I bought from them, and now on an ocean turquoise Fender Japan body, is by far, the best replacement neck I have ever installed on any bass. And that is a LOT of necks! My Warmoth maple p-bass neck is great, but it weighs more with the metal rods in it. I love the Allparts neck.

Post subject: Re: AllParts Jazz neck and Squire Jazz bass body
PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 5:41 am 

LHBASSIST wrote:
I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'll highly recommend the Allparts lefty Jazz bass neck! I am an Allparts dealer, and a bass repairman in Reno. I can honestly say, that in over 40 years of repairing and building basses, the one I bought from them, and now on an ocean turquoise Fender Japan body, is by far, the best replacement neck I have ever installed on any bass. And that is a LOT of necks! My Warmoth maple p-bass neck is great, but it weighs more with the metal rods in it. I love the Allparts neck.

I agree 100% about the AllParts necks. I Have the neck already and love it. I have a chance to buy a Squire J bass body and I want to make sure the neck will fit it before I purchase the body. The AllParts stuff is great, but it's unfortunate that the options available to lefties are so limited. You can only get a standard rosewood board (unless you get the paddle headstock and cut it yourself) and as for "Bound & Blocked" necks for J basses, forget it. I love their stuff-they're just too limited in options.