LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 am

Post subject: Photobucket Rant...
PostPosted: February 8th, 2018, 11:36 pm 

I went back to one of my old posts, and realized - again - that Photobucket is still blocking links to photos in my threads... Went to their website to see what it would cost to pay for "lifting" their block... their costs are ridiculous. I Googled complaints regarding them, and found a lot of unhappy people who feel they're being blackmailed (as do I)...

I realize they're a business - But! - lock my account so I can't upload any new pictures, but at least allow my current pictures to be accessed.. they're only being used on a couple of websites... I'm Not selling my pictures, so I'm not making any money off of parking them on their website... it sucks that if I want to refer someone to one of my threads, specifically because of basses I want them to see, they're now blocked, unless I choose to cough up far more money than I want to... plus, not only do they want to charge on basic accounts, business accounts are now $400 or more, Plus, they want to charge an additional fee to get rid of the advertisements that constantly barrage you as you try to access your photo library...

Lastly, they don't have a contact email address or phone number that you can bitch to... although I found this web page that gives out the info...
https://www.complaintsboard.com/photobucket-b121708

In conclusion, they suck!