LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:08 pm

Post subject: Re: 1970 1971 Fender Precision bass body on auction
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Matt R. wrote:
Who threatened violence?

No one did. Graves made a theoretical comment about bass stripper-parts resellers in general but michael_atw decided to take it as a direct threat to him.

michael_atw, disagreeing with what you do doesn't make people whiners and they can express that opinion here.
If you want to post here then check your condescension and insults.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 4:59 pm 

andrew wrote:
Matt R. wrote:
Who threatened violence?

No one did. Graves made a theoretical comment about bass stripper-parts resellers in general but michael_atw decided to take it as a direct threat to him.

michael_atw, disagreeing with what you do doesn't make people whiners and they can express that opinion here.

Yeah I saw that. Taking that as a threat is quite a reach.

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

Post subject: michael_atw
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 8:38 am 

andrew wrote:
Matt R. wrote:
Who threatened violence?

Humored I have to "check" my "condescension and insults". You do realize people can read these threads? I responded in kind to the childish mentality that predated me. You get the condescension many of you deserve.

"Theoretical comment". No, he said he wants to punch people in the mouth. Justification for immaturity - no surprise. Bravo.

Last edited by michael_atw on April 23rd, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 8:40 am 

Matt R. wrote:
andrew wrote:
Matt R. wrote:
Who threatened violence?

Yeah I saw that. Taking that as a threat is quite a reach.

Do you think that wanting to physically cause violence to someone for reselling a bridge or some knobs is valid and O.K.?

Cracks me up.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 8:44 am 

gravesbass wrote:
michael_atw wrote:
gravesbass wrote:
^^ He is a reseller in NY working toward retirement..... all about profit, and understand... Moving on from this thread.

.....But I am also curious who threatened violence over parting out basses.

It was you. The immaturity is absurd on this forum.

gravesbass
Post subject: Re: 1976 LEFTY FENDER JAZZ BASS EBAYPostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

It's greedy reseller assholes like this that make me just want to punch them in the mouth.

You sir are greedy..... the inflation shows.... I don't care, done with this thread. And as far as punch in the mouth, come on.... you live in New York...... Snap the balls. N.Y. friends of mine are tough asses! That's not violence. Thats a friendly hand shake there.

You sound like a USDA-choice dumbass.

You're right - I come from UPSTATE NY.. where we don't go around crying because of things other people do that don't affect us. "Wahh, he resold a pickguard! I hate him!" My nieces deal with less drama in their elementary school.

Rename this thread and maybe this forum "Dawson's Left-Handed Creek". Funny thing is not only does all the complaining make you all look like children but you could also be doing something productive like I am or you could be playing bass.

Finally, keep my username out of your mouth. If you got something to say and whine about, keep it anonymous.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 8:53 am 

michael_atw wrote:
Do you think that wanting to physically cause violence to someone for reselling a bridge or some knobs is valid and O.K.?

Of course not! :roll:

But I wouldn't get so hurt by an ill advised use of hyperbole either. Nobody's perfect here, but it's always been a friendly forum (until now). Some people do get frustrated by things getting parted out and I can understand it to a point. Personally I don't really give a fuck. I'm in the market for a neck for my '74 Jazz, so I'd personally be a hypocrite if I complained about what you do.
Chill out man. You sold your self-described mediocre parts to a forum member here, so good for you. He seems to dig the bass he got out of it.
I can't speak for the mods here (also good people), but I'm pretty sure you're welcome to post here, but you made your point. But If it's going to be a perpetual pissing match, just go away, or go to talkbass.

This thread is ridiculous.

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:51 am 

Michael..... Your just having fun with your comments on this board (as so are most of us). You claim you come from Upstate, NY:

michael comment--> You're right - I come from UPSTATE NY.. where we don't go around crying because of things other people do that don't affect us.

BUT..... you register just to come on our board and do just what you claim you don't ? ;)

I get it.... :)

And BTW I would only be a dumbass if I bought parts from you, but that WON'T happen.

Post subject: Re: michael_atw
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

I split these posts from the other thread to not derail it further.

Post subject: Re: michael_atw
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

michael_atw wrote:
Humored I have to "check" my "condescension and insults". You do realize people can read these threads? I responded in kind to the childish mentality that predated me. You get the condescension many of you deserve.

"Theoretical comment". No, he said he wants to punch people in the mouth. Justification for immaturity - no surprise. Bravo.

Yes I know people can read these threads, but you can't see your own snideness and condescending attitude. But since you want to be a child about it, we'll give you a time out.

michael_atw wrote:
Funny thing is not only does all the complaining make you all look like children but you could also be doing something productive like I am or you could be playing bass.

Finally, keep my username out of your mouth. If you got something to say and whine about, keep it anonymous.

You're posting here the same as everyone else, why don't you take your own advice and do something you think is more productive.

If anyone has an opinion they wish to express and do so in a fair way you are welcome to express it here. michael has no say in censoring opinions here.