LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:39 am

Post subject: 1970 1971 Fender Precision bass body on auction
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 11:15 pm 

Bringing this listing back to life. THIS is another reason why I don't like ebay user michael_atw. He not only snipes the lefty vintage basses and guitars and strips to part out but he's also buying up the vintage parts and resells them at 3-4 times more. Come on dude...!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112356838451?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

This is the pick guard I bid high on and wanted for my 73 P bass. It closed at $114.00 he is trying to get $389.99 and without the screws.

He got the pickups and tuners also. :evil:

End of rant!

Post subject: Re: 1970 1971 Fender Precision bass body on auction
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 11:31 pm 

gravesbass wrote:
Bringing this listing back to life. THIS is another reason why I don't like ebay user michael_atw. He not only snipes the lefty vintage basses and guitars and strips to part out but he's also buying up the vintage parts and resells them at 3-4 times more. Come on dude...!!

This is the pick guard I bid high on and wanted for my 73 P bass. It closed at $114.00 he is trying to get $389.99 and without the screws.

End of rant!

I saw that...! :cry:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2017, 4:19 am 

gravesbass wrote:

End of rant!

Yeah, I've sent him emails to the tune of WTF are you doing ruining these basses. He was a dick back to me saying it was his right to do whatever he wanted.

p

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 9:18 am 

screambasses wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

End of rant!

Yeah, I've sent him emails to the tune of WTF are you doing ruining these basses. He was a dick back to me saying it was his right to do whatever he wanted.

p

Well good luck to him then, 'cause he ain't getting $389 for that pickguard. :lol:

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 7:57 pm 

screambasses wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

p

Sounds similar to our current President.... :(

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 7:10 am 

gravesbass wrote:

End of rant!

You don't like someone you know nothing about over mass-produced, mediocre basses created by a corporate entity? huh.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 7:11 am 

pjmuck wrote:
screambasses wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

End of rant!

p

Well good luck to him then, 'cause he ain't getting $389 for that pickguard. :lol:

You're right, I only got $365. Sold in about 36 hours.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 7:12 am 

screambasses wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

End of rant!

p

Ironic post.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 7:29 am 

:roll:

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 7:36 am 

michael_atw wrote:
You don't like someone you know nothing about over mass-produced, mediocre basses created by a corporate entity? huh.

Yes, you're correct. I don't like stripper resellers. I think a lot of board members here feel the same. Go on with your stripping.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:11 am 

gravesbass wrote:
michael_atw wrote:

Yes, you're correct. I don't like stripper resellers. I think a lot of board members here feel the same. Go on with your stripping.

I will - until I furnish myself a retirement.

70 international destinations and countless restorers agree. There's nothing better than someone very happy about being able to restore their instrument. They wouldn't he able to if someone else didn't sell the parts.

Conversely, there are those who are jealous, negative, and whiney... who would rather worship mass produced mediocrity.

The funniest part is on this teeny forum, ive found multiple threads of people whining about me and others; one even with a threat of violence that was not questioned.

Good chuckle though! Some of us go forward.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:13 am 
Site Admin

gravesbass wrote:
michael_atw wrote:

Yes, you're correct. I don't like stripper resellers. I think a lot of board members here feel the same.

A lot do. A lot of us also enjoy the mass produced, mediocre basses you sell in pieces.
You must think we're fools for buying them then?

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:32 am 

Look man, I like being able to occasionally find parts for older basses but when I see a reseller buy an old "lefty" bass and strip it, its like taking away a piece of history a "REAL" lefty could enjoy. Bidding (sniping) on parts that we bid on and turning them for double or more..... :roll: There are not many lefty old Fenders in existence. Some board members love the old Fenders. I call most of them "turds" but they have the mojo and some actually are good players.

Registering and logging into a forum of people that have been here for a while or since it started could backfire. But again, I really don't care and will keep the rest of my comments to myself. :mrgreen: I have been here a long time and this is a nice bunch of friendly people.

Happy Friday ya'll!!!!!!

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:52 am 

Who threatened violence?

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

Post subject: michael_atw
PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 12:05 pm 

This goes to Michael:
Here's what I think of it...
The bad side:
Like gravesbass said, it sucks to see a left handed bass be parted out into pieces mostly because it is already so hard to find left handed ones and the very few that are out there on the market are ridiculously expensive.
The good side:
If we are looking for parts and no one had them for sale it would be impossible to restore an old bass... broken tuner, warped neck, whatever it is it would be nice to restore a vintage bass to it's former glory.
I bought parts from Michael before... And put it this way: If I didn't bought them, someone else would and I would be wishing I had those parts and I would also still be wishing to have a vintage bass all complete.
I'm not trying to defend or accuse anyone but I'm between the fence in this situation, it is bad and good at the same time.
Guys let me know what you think about my opinion...
And Michael, I know that you profit from selling parts but maybe could you give us a chance and offer the bass before you part it out since the lefties are harder to find compared to right handed ones?
That's just an idea.
Well... Cheers everyone!

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 1:14 pm 

^^ He is a reseller in NY working toward retirement..... all about profit, and understand... Moving on from this thread.

.....But I am also curious who threatened violence over parting out basses.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 8:22 am 

gravesbass wrote:
^^ He is a reseller in NY working toward retirement..... all about profit, and understand... Moving on from this thread.

It was you. The immaturity is absurd on this forum.

gravesbass
Post subject: Re: 1976 LEFTY FENDER JAZZ BASS EBAYPostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

It's greedy reseller assholes like this that make me just want to punch them in the mouth.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 8:28 am 

paulo wrote:
This goes to Michael:
Here's what I think of it...
The bad side:
Like gravesbass said, it sucks to see a left handed bass be parted out into pieces mostly because it is already so hard to find left handed ones and the very few that are out there on the market are ridiculously expensive.
The good side:
If we are looking for parts and no one had them for sale it would be impossible to restore an old bass... broken tuner, warped neck, whatever it is it would be nice to restore a vintage bass to it's former glory.
I bought parts from Michael before... And put it this way: If I didn't bought them, someone else would and I would be wishing I had those parts and I would also still be wishing to have a vintage bass all complete.
I'm not trying to defend or accuse anyone but I'm between the fence in this situation, it is bad and good at the same time.
Guys let me know what you think about my opinion...
And Michael, I know that you profit from selling parts but maybe could you give us a chance and offer the bass before you part it out since the lefties are harder to find compared to right handed ones?
That's just an idea.
Well... Cheers everyone!

I part out possibly 3 lefty basses a year. Maybe. I can't even remember the last lefty I got.

There's a thread of people bitching over me specifically parting out a heavily modified lefty. One that has no collectibility value whatsoever. One that has been chopped and hacked to death.

This thread involves a guy bitching because he didn't win the pickguard I won. A pickguard; not a whole bass.

Some of the guys in here are apparently full-grown adults with the emotional maturity of three-year-olds.

This forum, like so many others, should be policing itself. Most should be playing their bass instead of complaining and whining because they ain't getting theirs.

Judging from what I've read in about an hour of time, most have no clue about the value of the basses or the parts. I do. If that makes me "greedy" - hahahaha! Folks bid more, then you get the parts or the bass. The crying and whining is comedic - doesn't help you bid or buy any faster.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 8:37 am 

With that being said, some education for some of you folks:

Fender was a mass production facility, especially after 1965. They made basses and guitars fast and cheap. There isn't any "magic" in them and nobody thought there was before 2000. Only when a bunch of old, apparently whiney children of the 1960's got in on the game did they appreciate - and that's not even taking into account that 8 years ago, I could get a late 1970's Fender bass for about the same price as I can now in some cases. They slapped parts together; they didn't sit in a room and meticulously debate a special set of knobs or a special serial number.

They aren't akin to hand-made furniture; they have no similarity to a 1957 Thunderbird. The QC was so bad by the late 1970's that you can get Squiers in present day of immensely higher quality.

So no, I don't cry and heave and gnash my teeth because I recycled and reversed the process. Especially when a large minority if not a majority of my biz is modified instruments. It's been fun reading the comments, though. Will check back in a couple years to catch up.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 2:32 pm 

michael_atw wrote:
gravesbass wrote:

It was you. The immaturity is absurd on this forum.

gravesbass
Post subject: Re: 1976 LEFTY FENDER JAZZ BASS EBAYPostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

It's greedy reseller assholes like this that make me just want to punch them in the mouth.

You sir are greedy..... the inflation shows.... I don't care, done with this thread. And as far as punch in the mouth, come on.... you live in New York...... Snap the balls. N.Y. friends of mine are tough asses! That's not violence. Thats a friendly hand shake there.