LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:07 am

Post subject: great idea guys
PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 10:29 pm 

it's about time there was a forum dedicated to lefty bassists, though there should be a sub-forum lefty guitarists as well. this will be a great resource to buy/sell/trade lefty basses. I shall spread the word! I'm guessing mysticboo (tb) already knows about this site?

-amos

Post subject: Re: great idea guys
PostPosted: March 16th, 2008, 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Amos,
Glad to have you here! Thanks, please do let every lefty bassist you can know about this place. Check the Effects forum, not only does MysticBoo know about this place, he's one of the guys steering the ship. :)

PostPosted: March 17th, 2008, 4:26 pm 

haha, a lefty guitarist forum would rock too (I'd be there also)...see if you could get http://www.southpawguitars.com to sponsor it somehow and pay for everything! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 17th, 2008, 4:44 pm 

andrew wrote:
Check the Effects forum, not only does MysticBoo know about this place, he's one of the guys steering the ship. :)

What? I am? :o

Oh, #%&@, I've just been busy drinking rum from the Captain's Quarters. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 8:04 am 
Site Admin

SubsonicAssault wrote:
haha, a lefty guitarist forum would rock too (I'd be there also)...see if you could get http://www.southpawguitars.com to sponsor it somehow and pay for everything! :mrgreen:

Yep, PJMuck and I were just talking about that the other day. We'd like to get a couple of lefty friendly stores involved if/when the membership gets higher. So tell your lefty friends to get in here! :)

A half dozen of us got the ball rolling here but I do hope this becomes more of a community than some other bass boards where the board is identified with a few individuals instead of the group. I want this to be "the lefty board", not "Andrew's lefty board" or "Peter's lefty board". I hope more southpaw's get active here for that reason. There's strength in numbers and we need a collective voice if we want bass companies to notice us and offer basses in lefty versions that they don't now.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 9:29 am 

But it's already becoming "Peter's Lefty Board". Or maybe I should say, "Lefty Peters Board"...

PJMuck isn't the only "Peter J" around here. :twisted:

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

I think Peter is the most popular name among lefty bassists. :)

PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 6:21 pm 

well fine, if you dont want Peters Lefty Board or Andrews Lefty Board, then we'll name it JOE'S LEFTY BOARD. I'm definitely happy with that. :mrgreen: The store I bought my lefty Traben Array 5 String from is pretty damn lefty friendly too, meaning he stocks or can order a bunch of lefty stuff for you...www.adirondackguitar.com

This was the ONLY place I could find that had a left-handed Traben 5 string...he also stocks the four string Phoenix model (which I will get also...those are the ONLY two models made lefty by Traben btw)...I hate to sound like a Traben fanboy, but I really think they have a great thing going with their basses and they look different...aggresive, yes, but still, they have some classy designs.

Check out http://www.southpawguitars.com for the Mecca of left-handed guitars...they also stock basses too.

http://www.basscentral.com also has some upper end basses for sale, left handed, and the local music shop here in Denver stocks stuff too (http://www.drumcityguitarland.com I think thats the site)

Cheers.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 10:02 pm 

I think you're onto something, Joe. I'd love to assemble a nice continuing list of lefty-friendly dealers/stores, as well as lefty-friendly companies. I know there was a great post by someone on talkbass a while ago listing all the companies that currently offer left handed models, but that was a while ago. I'll do a search and see what I can find.

In the meantime, I concur that adirondack's a cool dealer, though there were some disgruntled lefties on Fender Forum who didn't have good experiences. I don't know what to say about that, except that I've bought 4 instruments from them all without incident, and I got better pricing than anywhere else (i.e. Warwick Thumb B.O. for $1299 new).

PostPosted: March 20th, 2008, 11:50 am 

Adirondack, good guy! I've been to the store (drove 2.5 hours to find it!!)
Nice selection, fair prices, very helpful. :)