LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 9:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please say hello
PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 11:49 am 

CarvinChuck wrote:
Hello everyone. I feel like I've finally found a home! ;) I'm 43, but I have the maturity of a 44 year old. I've been playing bass since I was in my early teens. My first bass was a right handed Cort, in canary yellow. I traded a Takamine electric explorer body that was probably worth five times what that Cort was! :? But that's how much I wanted to play bass. As you can tell by my name that I'm a Carvin man. Not sure why. I just remember drooling over Carvin catalogs when I was a pup. Don't even know how I got a hold of the catalogs. lol. I have two Carvins, a 91 LB75 five string in midnight blue with black hardware, and a 96 LB76 six string 50th anniversary model. I've sold many amps, but at the moment I'm playing a Carvin Redline 600 through a piece of crap Trace Elliot 15. It's crap cuz I got it off eBay and it was shipped improperly and buzzes like crazy. I have a Carvin 4 x 10 on the way though, so I'm pretty excited about that. :D I have nothing against non Carvin gear at all. I just love Carvin. I am looking to get a third bass soon. Preferably a 4 string. Well enough about me. It's cool to be here.

Hi Chuck,
welcome aboard as well to our very friendly and troll free corner of the internet!

PostPosted: February 10th, 2013, 9:47 pm 

Welcome to all the new peeps on the forum!

PostPosted: February 11th, 2013, 2:08 am 

Welcome to the forum LeftySteven and CarvinChuck! Chuck, I've had my share of Carvin gear over the years... still have my '96 LB75, and really dig my SB5000..... had an R600, but it was underpowered for me, and eventually sold off my Crvin 4x10 and 1x15, as they were too big and heavy to lug around... If I lived in the mainland, I'd own some of their PA gear though... but enough about me.... enjoy the boards! :D

PostPosted: February 16th, 2013, 6:12 am 

Well , it looks like I have found another place to waste way too much time .

PostPosted: February 16th, 2013, 10:07 am 

otterhound wrote:
Well , it looks like I have found another place to waste way too much time .

Hi Otter,
Welcome aboard! You'll soon find out (if you didn't already know) that some members of LF hang out here as well.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2013, 7:54 pm 

Salut! I am officially here...always amazed to see this lefty bass site.

Wes

PostPosted: February 26th, 2013, 6:46 am 

hello.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 1:20 pm 

Hi there,

I just subscribed to this forum and am here to say hello. Hi, my name is Terri and I'm a bass-aholic. I am, shamefully, not left handed. But, I am a great advocate of everything to do with bass and was glad to see that there is a forum dedicated specifically to lefties. I run a number of websites dedicated to bass guitar and have included this forum in my forums directory at http://bass-aholic.com/basses/other/misc/forums.php If there is anything I can do to help you promote your cause, please let me know.

thanks,
Terri

PostPosted: April 30th, 2013, 9:03 pm 

Hello,

I just joined this site and I'm glad to see a site for us lefty bassist! Thanks to whoever came up with this idea and created this page!!

As for me, my main setup is a 4 string Lefty Skjold Stage Series bass (Poplar body- Maple neck/24 fret Morado board) with one Kent Armstrong humbucker pickup that has a Active/Passive push/pull knob. My current amp setup is a Markbass 2x10 combo (CMD 102p) and a Glockenklang Uno Deluxe 1x15 cab.

Take care,
Joe

PostPosted: May 1st, 2013, 7:13 am 

hello and welcome to all the new members !!
Glad you could find our forum here.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2013, 8:24 am 

Hi Terry:

I love reading your reviews on bass aholic. I like the one you did on Regenerate Guitar Works. Rod is a member of this forum, and I had the same opinion of his basses that you did. Thanks for promoting the cause.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 6:40 am 

I would like to say hello! I've been reading the forum now about 5 years but really haven't posted anything. This forum has been a truly great place to get knowledge and to learn about new exciting gear for us leftys. And it's nice to know that you're not the only lefty bassist around. :D

I'm a freelance bassist (electric and doublebass) and a music student. One of my bands is called Hello Giants. My main gear are my custom made -66 stylish Jazz Bass (I think i'll post some photos in the photo section) and Strunal 3/4 Czech double bass. I also have a -77 precision and Neuser fourstringer. I use Aquilar amp and tks engineering cabinets.

Cheers and thanks for this site!

-S-

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 3:49 pm 

Thank you velalv. I saw Rod was on this forum. He's only about a two hour drive for me. Would like to go visit him again sometime.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 10:45 pm 

Wow, nice influx of newbies to enrich our humble abode. Welcome everyone! :)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:48 pm 

Hi!
My name is Denis, I'm 34, and I am novice left handed bassist from Russia.
I'm right-handed, but a few years ago I injured my left hand. Now I'm learning to play left-handed bass.

I always liked the sound of the bass guitar. Power! Rhythm! The beauty and simplicity of the melody. That's what I like in a bass guitar.
One day I accidentally walked into a music store and could not resist buying. I bought the last left-handed bass, Dean Edge 09, cheap chinese for beginners.
Now I can play (maybe still not very good). Now my needs have increased and I'm looking for 5-stringed Dream-Bass.

P.S. Sorry for my English...

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 6:34 pm 

Hello Denis, welcome to to the forum! I hope your conversion from a righty-to-a-lefty is going smoothly... personally, I couldn't switch to playing right handed to save my life! :lol:

PostPosted: December 8th, 2013, 12:37 pm 

Hello there, common lefty bassists :) I thought I was a unicorn until I saw this forum... Well, it's obviously a more common thing then I expected :) I am from Serbia, and I play Yamaha RBX270L. I am pretty much a low medium skill-wise, playing for a few months and all. :)

PostPosted: December 9th, 2013, 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to all the new members.

It's nice to also see new members from parts of the world we havn't had members from before. Russia and Serbia, very cool!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2013, 10:42 am 

djole94hns wrote:
Hello there, common lefty bassists :) I thought I was a unicorn until I saw this forum... Well, it's obviously a more common thing then I expected :) I am from Serbia, and I play Yamaha RBX270L. I am pretty much a low medium skill-wise, playing for a few months and all. :)

Wellcome aboard!
Keep on practicing, your skills will only get better the more time you put into it.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2013, 5:42 pm 

djole94hns wrote:

Welcome to an international community, that will treat you like a member of a small family! If you ever have questions, or need advice, just ask away.... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next