LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 6th, 2024, 7:07 am

Post subject: New York on Thursday the 24th!...
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 6:24 am 

I'll be in Manhattan for five days, and besides taking in some shows, and local music, my buddy and I (a native New Yorker) will try to hit some of the local music stores, and I'm hoping to get over to Sadowsky's, which is only ten minutes or so from where I'm staying.

I'll be at the Hilton DoubleTree on Broadway, so I'll be close to good food, music etc. Looking forward to being there! It'll be cold-as-hell, but I'm not going to mind a bit! As time allows, any lefties in the area that want to have a drink with me, call or text me at 808-954-9921... I'll be there until Jan 29th, then leaving at Noon for No. Carolina to see old friends in Chapel Hill...

I'll just have to hit NAMM next year! Everyone going, have a great time, and post pictures! Aloha...... 8-)

Post subject: Re: New York on Thursday the 24th!...
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 8:04 am 

Cool!

Although I'm not from NYC, I was born and raised in NY State and I miss going to the city very much. You'll definitely have a lot of fun.

As far as Sadowsky's shop goes... You might want to call and make sure it will be open the the public since Roger and several of his people will be at NAMM. They might be pretty low on staff available.

Anyway, have fun and post pics!!!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 2:30 pm 

Addison, thanks for the heads-up regarding Sadowsky, so I"ll call them and see what the visiting status is because of NAMM. Yeah, I'm going to enjoy myself!

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 10:09 pm 

fivebass52 wrote:
I'll be in Manhattan for five days, and besides taking in some shows, and local music, my buddy and I (a native New Yorker) will try to hit some of the local music stores, and I'm hoping to get over to Sadowsky's, which is only ten minutes or so from where I'm staying.

I'll be at the Hilton DoubleTree on Broadway, so I'll be close to good food, music etc. Looking forward to being there! It'll be cold-as-hell, but I'm not going to mind a bit! As time allows, any lefties in the area that want to have a drink with me, call or text me at 808-954-9921... I'll be there until Jan 29th, then leaving at Noon for No. Carolina to see old friends in Chapel Hill...

I'll just have to hit NAMM next year! Everyone going, have a great time, and post pictures! Aloha...... 8-)

Wear lots of layers of Aloha shirts. It was 10 degrees F today!

PostPosted: January 24th, 2013, 7:12 pm 

fivebass52 wrote:
I'll be there until Jan 29th, then leaving at Noon for No. Carolina to see old friends in Chapel Hill...

Chapel Hill:
No UNC home basketball games until 2/2/13
Cat's Cradle 2/1/13 English Beat (feat. lefty Dave Wakeling)
Must eat at Carrburrito's!
(All three of our kids students at UNC.)

PostPosted: January 24th, 2013, 10:00 pm 

pjmuck wrote:
Wear lots of layers of Aloha shirts. It was 10 degrees F today!

Man, it was so cold today! The high was not much more than 22 degrees at 2pm... my friend Steve and I walked from the hotel, down past Lincoln Center; found a great pizza place to eat at. My eyes constantly watered - I'm dehydrated just from my tear-ducts letting loose in the cold! Having a great time so far... and oh yeah, I'm layered up with long under wear, sweater, sweatshirt, leather jacket, muffler, wool cap.... and it's just enough to keep the cold at bay, although my face and chin are feeling a bit cold-burned at this point!

Got to say though, I'm enjoying the jarring differences from being in Paradise yesterday, to being in the Arctic-like conditions today. First time in the subway, and that's cool!

PostPosted: January 25th, 2013, 12:11 am 

FYI... Sadowsky doesn't have a booth this year at NAMM.

So post pics if you go!

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4