LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 9:41 pm

Post subject: Berks Jazz Fest
PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 6:55 am 

Heads up to all east coast folks. There is a kickass bass player lineup for berks jazz this year. I went last year to Brian Bromberg and the All Star jam and it was NICE. It's worth the trip

http://www.berksjazzfest.com/

Got Wooten, Clarke, Bromberg, Veasley, and Dave Brubeck ( :o )

Post subject: Re: Berks Jazz Fest
PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 10:06 am 

Let me "second" the invitation above. I went on the opening night to Reading several years ago to catch Brian Bromberg's show in the banquet room at the hotel complex in a blinding snow storm. The band arrived near midnight for a 9:30 or 10:00 pm call, travelling in a passenger van (pulling their gear in a Uhaul), through the storm, from Boston. They hit the stage after midnight and played til nearly two am, then moved to the lobby to mingle with the fans .............. .unforgettable night!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 5:06 pm 

That sounds like it might've sucked to wait, but as long as the show was great then it's worth it.

I talk to Brian on facebook chat from time to time about berks, he said he's pumped for this year and hopes there will be jams with all clarke,wooten, and himself. He promised another banger of a show.

Last year's show was 2.5 hours of straight playing (from his new album that is full of energetic songs) and was intermixed with songs done by Mindi Abair, and other players. Looking forward to March :D

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 3:09 pm 

I live about 45 min away from Reading and would dig going to one or two events...Great English style pub in Reading "The Ugly Oyster" Killer food and killer beer. I would meet up with anybody for Bromberg! AL Di Meola is an arrogant bung hole and won't get a dime of my money but pretty much anything else but the sleepy soft jazz crap I'm totally up for!!!