LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 6:29 pm

Post subject: Re: East Coast lefty bassists meet up?
PostPosted: September 12th, 2012, 5:33 pm 

thumbslam wrote:
Gentlemen, I recently had rotator cuff surgery. It was much more involved than I had originally thought and the recovery time is going to be much longer. I would still like to have a get together at my studio, but I’m going to have to put it off for a month or two. I’m not only wearing a sling, I’m wearing an immobilizer. This is on for at least another four weeks followed by weeks of physical therapy. I have four shiny new pieces of titanium in my shoulder to hold it all together. So please move forward with the meeting at Bass Specialties as soon as you guys can. As far as my original offer, it still stands but most likely will have to be in November or maybe even December. I will keep everyone posted, thank you for your patience.

Bummer Thumbslam! I was really looking forward to meeting you at the meet up at Bass Specialties. I really appreciate you opening up your studio for us. FWIW, I'll be praying for you and a smooth recovery. All the best.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 7:45 am 

Ok, so we are less then a week away from a get together, and I wanted to take stock of who is willing to go up to Bass Specialties this Saturday for a meet up. Glenn's shop opens at 11, and I can be there around noon with my 2 basses in tow.

Based on the thread here is who I thought might be coming:

velalv
FOM
belinmad
thumbslam
bobjones2260

Anyone else? PJ? If you could RSVP that would be great, as I know for some this is a bit of a commitment. Thanks!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2012, 7:17 am 

Guys, Unfortunately I have a previous committment for this Saturday that will keep me from attending. I am going down to Bass Specialties tonight for Norm Stockton's bass clinic. If any one else on the board is planning to attend ask Glenn to point me out. mike

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2012, 9:03 am 

I'm out, can't make it this weekend unfortunately.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 9:14 pm 

Bummer that this won't be happening. Maybe we can try again when thumbslam recovers from his surgeries, as I would love to get together, just not enough yesses here for me to make the haul from here, especially given that I just drove six hours already today.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2012, 10:39 pm 

Guys my shoulder is nowhere near 100% probably never will be and well since football back in high school I don't think there is 100% for me. That being said I am playing again just at home at this point to get my chops back but going to have a real rehearsal this Tuesday. I will report back after that. I think I can start putting a date together. Got a huge Pilipino wedding to go to in 10 days with my wife’s family in VA beach right near Sandbridge. After that I have a job research possibility in CA and going out there to check it out but not sure of those dates. When I get everything hammered out my offer still stands and will put it out there for input at my studio. I’ll post some dates to consider and the one with the most positive feedback I will nail down…

Attachments:
P1040612.JPG
P1040612.JPG [ 53.57 KiB | Viewed 4018 times ]
PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 8:26 am 

Works for me!
And hoping for a speedy recovery man!!

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 11:01 am 

I forgot they shaved my shoulder for the surgery I look like I'm 12 years old :lol:

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 12:48 pm 

thumbslam wrote:
I forgot they shaved my shoulder for the surgery I look like I'm 12 years old :lol:

Nice tattoo btw. Maybe we should have a tattoo thread...

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 8:37 pm 

You should see the whole thing I always loved Totem poles and native art from the Aleutian and Inuit Indians from Alaska and British Columbia. Then when I was heavily into The Red Hot Chili Peppers and saw their tattoos like the eagle on Anthony’s back I had to have one.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 11:04 am 

Sorry to be late to the party, and sorry about your shoulder, thumbslam. When I hear rotator cuff surgery, I immediately think baseball. (Related: I'm embarrassed to say I'm recovering from bone bruises to my hand that I incurred during one my old company's slow pitch/coed softball games a couple of months ago. :oops: )

I'd be up for this. Any specific day(s) or weekends everyone's in favor of right now? Thanksgiving might end up being a long weekend in Bethlehem PA with the in-laws, so that might work (and put me 10 min. closer to Glen's than my NJ home according to MapQuest).

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 3:21 pm 

Played major football in high school I played center and all places on defensive line. Lacrosse too I got a haircut a time or two with a lacrosse stick and heavy drinking and falling down stairs and getting in a few scrap street fights in Philly didn’t help much. I from Philly we are born angry and ready to fight over anything stupid I’m also mostly Italian so I have a SMALL temper too so wrap all that up and pour alcohol on it and light it with a match that was me for a decade or two but this last Sept 30th marked my 18th anniversary of sobriety from drugs and alcohol. Now I’m a 44 year old cream puff :( and getting parts replaced one at a time...