LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 2:17 pm

Post subject: RIP Marcel Jacob
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 3:43 pm 

Don't know how many forum members were aware of Marcel, he wasn't a lefty but he was a huge talent as a writer and player that I very much admired. I found myself thinking about him today, and since I haven't seen his recent untimely passing mentioned here, I thought I'd start a thread in his honor. If you're not familiar with Marcel's work do yourself a favor and investigate online or on youtube. Peace be with you Marcel.

The following from melodicrock.com:

Marcel Jacob
RIP - July 21, 2009

With a sad and heavy heart I recall the many things I admired about the great bassist Marcel Jacob. Together with his partner in crime, Jeff Scott Soto, Marcel was the heart and soul of Talisman, Humanimal, the Yngwie Malmsteen Band and in his own right was an integral part of Last Autumn's Dream and a much sort after musician in Sweden.

His passing is a body blow to many that shared his passion for this music and the stand out talent he showed at all times, plus that signature sound he brought to his playing. Few could match his dexterity on that instrument and meeting him face to face and seeing him live with Talisman back in 2003 was a true joy.

Like many that have also passed on, Marcel leaves a monster catalogue of music to remember him by and celebrate his life to. My personal dealings with Marcel have always been an absolute pleasure. He was another one of the good guys, which makes his passing al that more difficult to live with. His involvement on this site's Noticeboard was always met with enthusiasm from fans and his sharp wit shone through.

I know many of his musical brothers are really feeling this loss, so my best wishes go out to Marcel's family and also his brothers in arms across the world.

Marcel Jacob – may you now find the peace you sought and may your music live on with us still here forever more.

Attachments:
marcel_jacob.jpg
marcel_jacob.jpg [ 7.74 KiB | Viewed 2321 times ]
marceljacob-2009.jpg
marceljacob-2009.jpg [ 84.06 KiB | Viewed 2330 times ]