Post subject: Spicy!
PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 9:56 am 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-2015-Volca ... 2721403704

Attachments:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 128.65 KiB | Viewed 6163 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Spicy!
PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 11:54 am 

I just can't help but be amazed at the number of examples I see of tuners installed at wrong angles. It's not rocket science. In this case I'm not that familiar with this model so I'm not sure whether it was manufactured like this, or a case of poorly executed upgrade or change by a previous oner . Also on these light style tuners there is only one screw per tuner to line up not four. Either way not that hard.

To see what I'm talking about go to the site and look at the picture of the back of the headstock.

Last edited by crescenze on November 13th, 2018, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 12:17 pm 

Wow! That's unusual for a Japanese-made ESP. Their attention to detail is usually very high. I've always been very impressed with the ESP Horizon I used to own. Especially the fretwork was not of this world.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 12:28 pm 

Jeroen wrote:
Wow! That's unusual for a Japanese-made ESP. Their attention to detail is usually very high. I've always been very impressed with the ESP Horizon I used to own. Especially the fretwork was not of this world.

I agree. I'm not that surprised when I see it on the Chinese knock offs, kind of expect it. Maybe in case this it's an inept previous owner, but ieither way it wouldn't take much effort to get it right.

Last edited by crescenze on November 13th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 12:28 pm 

crescenze wrote:
I just can't help but be amazed at the number of examples I see of tuners installed at wrong angles. It's not rocket science. In this case I'm not that familiar with this model so I'm not sure whether it was manufactured like this, or a case of poorly executed upgrade or change by a previous oner . Also on these light style tuners there is only one screw per tuner to line up not four. Either way not that hard.

To see what I'm talking about go to the site and look at the picture of the back of the headstock.

Now that you mention it, A and D look okay, but E and G look like they're tilted in slightly.

Attachments:
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg [ 89.23 KiB | Viewed 6138 times ]
PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 12:34 pm 

tim wrote:
crescenze wrote:

Now that you mention it, A and D look okay, but E and G look like they're tilted in slightly.

Yep the D & G are almost touching. The drop tuner tends to make me think that they are not factory installed, just a poor job by whoever did the change. Not an ESP issue.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 5:12 am 

There are an awful lot of exclamation points in that description!!!!

!!!!

pete

!!!!

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 7:51 pm 

It's a shame the tuning bodies were installed slightly askew, a-kilter, mis-aligned, fkd-up, But, it sure is a nice looking bass! :)

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 12:35 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
It's a shame the tuning bodies were installed slightly askew, a-kilter, mis-aligned, fkd-up, But, it sure is a nice looking bass! :)

Yep. They are off just enough that you can't fill the small screw hole without it showing once it is aligned. re-drilled and mounted. However it might be better than having the keys that out of alignment when viewed from the front. Maybe it could be used to negotiate a lower price. Though that might be difficult due to the possible language barrier, but worth a try.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 2:53 am 

This seems about right?

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 13.35 KiB | Viewed 6006 times ]
PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 2:54 am 

Nilezd wrote:
This seems about right?

Google Translation? :lol:

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 4:16 am 

A little OT, but yeah, you have to think in reverse here.

People will directly translate grammar, the formation of sentences and the order in which the words logically appear from their native language into English. So in order to speak fluent chinese you need a crooked english sentence and translate it! :)

At least... that's my theory...

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 5:34 am 

Google translate does attempt to adjust for syntax, meaning, and even vernacular. You can see word choice change as you continue a sentence and give Google more context to work with.

For fun a few weeks back, me and some other guys spoke in a TalkBass thread only in foreign languages. The trick to preserving meaning was to do a reverse translation from your result to make sure your meaning was intact.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 2:16 pm 

Translation is all very nice only it's in Japan not China ;) ;) ;)